Breaking slabs

I have some cgcs and a Beckett that I want to break out and submit to psa to try to up the grade. I also prefer psa cards over the others

Is there any real problems with doing that?

1 Like

You can also try the cross grading option both companies provide. By cracking the cards out you do run the risk of damaging the card so be careful if you go that route!

1 Like

My only reservation to that is I wouldn’t want the CGC grade to influence psa

That factor is always there, some have been successful doing it, some have not. The choice is ultimately yours

1 Like

How would you break into this thing? I thought about taking a circlular saw along the edges. I can’t determine a full proof method that wouldn’t chance jeopardizing the prize inside

Jonandek made a video, I’ll link it here: www.elitefourum.com/t/how-i-crack-a-psa-case/28618/1

I crack it similarly. What I can say is that there’s no full proof method, there just isn’t when it comes to this sort of thing. However, if you do it correctly, the chances are minuscule that something goes wrong. Best advice I have is to take it slow and make sure you crack the corners well. It should break apart pretty easily from there.

5 Likes

Thank you for that

1 Like

@chewy ,

Here is my link for when I case cracked a BGS 9 Zard last spring. Literally same thing as was done for the PSA case crack.

BGS case crack

1 Like

Well done man

For the cgc case, put a fingernail in the crack between the slabs, apply some pressure and gently pull apart.

The only “problem” with that is inexperience. I’d try it on some other cases you don’t care much for first.