Brainstorming cool Lego presents

Hi everyone! I used to build legos a lot as a kid and saw that there some Lego collectors that are also here.

I’m trying to buy a present for one of my friends and I know of one set that they may like that I’ve favorited on eBay since they’ve mentioned it before, but don’t know if there are any others that are cute or have interesting engineering involved in making them? (Trying to get stuff <$85 btw so no Death Star please Hahaha)

I also saw there are custom mini figures people can make on some websites like minifig me, has anyone ever used these before and if so do you recommend them?

2 Likes

I am very sure that the folks who are really into Lego will give you more helpful advice. If I were ever to buy my first Lego set, it will surely be the Tallneck from Horizon Forbidden West. It is budget friendly and takes quite some time to assemble. The final product is really gorgeous as well.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Cheers!

5 Likes

The succulent, plants and bonsai sets look really cool!

2 Likes

I second the plant or insect sets if looking under 85. My partner was gifted both from friends and she had a blast. The insects were very elaborate.

2 Likes

I recommend a set from the botanical series:

Particularly the bonsai.

5 Likes

This tallneck is a dope build with lots of interesting building techniques - lego has come a long way since the 2000s

2 Likes

I got the bonsai Lego for christmas present 2022 from my wife and putting it together was so much fun, I can’t recommend it enought.

2 Likes

Dang I love this forum so much. I didn’t know that they had so many plant ones! My friend will love the bonsai!

I think that will go great alongside the other set I was planning to pick up! Thank you for suggestions! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

I tripple the plant collection idea.

I also suggest the insects.
But for unique builds, if it’s up their alley, try the new Year of dragon build (it’s $89 though…), or one of the various mech builds from Ninjago or Monkey Kid collections.

Oh, and brickmill studios has design plans and parts lists for pokemon Lego builds. You just need to get the pieces from some source, but since this IS a PkMn fourum, I figured it be a good idea.

3 Likes