Black Label Trophies | Thoughts on BL HR Lucario Trophy sale

I came across a post from 2020 mentioning the “Wonder Platinum Trophy” as the first Black Label trophy card to come to light. This piqued my curiosity, and I find myself wondering how many others are out there today? Does anyone have any information or insights on other Black Label trophy cards in existence?

Additionally, I’m interested in gathering your thoughts on a recent comp. A 2022 qualification prize HR Lucario in Black Label condition was sold for $6600. Considering that PSA 10’s were fetching between $4000 to $5000 just a few months ago, do you think this was a fair price? Or was it a steal?

I obviously have a bias on this Lucario, but I’m interested in hearing other’s input!

In regards to the second part: Because of the way I personally feel about condition collecting, I’m not surprised if people who go for rare cards with limited releases aren’t willing to pay the same label premium that people pay for cards with broader releases, where the challenge is only created by the label, not the card.
So to me, no steal but a rather fair premium I wouldn’t have paid.

3 Likes

Here’s a prize card. Definitely a big premium over a PSA 10.

I think these types of auctions are fun to watch

1 Like

At least the trophies feature Pokemon these days.

Scrolls and whatever else, in Japanese to boot, could be from any random card game.

there are many more charizard collectors fighting to win this than there are lucario collectors fighting to win a rainbow HR

2 Likes

Just remembered this one. Copycat promo

1 Like