Black Label 1st Ed Charizard

How much would this go for at auction?

2 Likes

It looks photo shopped. Is it real?

2 Likes

Absolutely photoshopped.

5 Likes

Gary offered Logan over 1 million for his bgs 10. So I assume a black label would be over that

Haha I had a little fun with photo shop :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes but Gary is a smart man. If he buys a bgs 10 for 1 million, his own 2 bgs 10 are suddenly worth 1 million too. I guess thats what he would hope happens. And he got the monopoly on the bgs 10

1 Like

I would assume that the first sale would be for somewhere in the $2M-$2.5M range. And then following sales would be lower if more were graded.

1 Like

Logan said he would never sell it to him. So it’s both of them owning the three. Gary with 2 and Logan with 1

1 Like

Not sure if Gary cares about value. He did say selling cards are not taxable, ha!

7 Likes

So sketch that Gary submitted the card for bgs gold and it didn’t cross but then it did when Logan did

2 Likes

I will auction mine tomorrow and see what it goes for.

6 Likes

I mean bgs knew it was for the mayweather fight and knew the exposure they would get

1 Like

9f7b92a5949afa818336543f1bcd17c0b5e060a3

3 Likes

its BGS, so i’d say it’d probably go for like $40 maybe? idk

1 Like

The BGS 10 $1 million talk is near the peak of the hype. Last PSA 10 copy sold about 218K.

I would say the black label would sell just over a million ($1 -1.25 million) (approx. 5x premium).

Yeah but there is about 125ish psa 10s. Only three bgs pristine 10s. Only two people own those three. Completely different markets

1 Like

Sadly I wonder if the BGS “premium” for 10s even exists now? At least in Pokemon and even in other hobbies the prestige for high-grade BGS seems to have continually shifted to PSA 10. Personally I’ve always liked high-grade Beckett slabs, but I get a pretty strong sense the market just doesn’t value them anything like they did 2-3 years ago at this point.

1 Like

Many bgs 10 that I see on pwcc and elsewhere don’t have any premium to PSA 10 at this point. It is black label or bust

1 Like

Gary submitted in the case, logan cracked it. Bias is still likely though.

1 Like

Which is stupid because theres so many examples of PSA 10 cards that have glaring issues, whereas thats pretty much unheard of when you get into BGS 10 territory

1 Like