bigvenusaur's Japanese promo collection

Hi Everyone, In this tread I’d like to show my Japanese promo collection. It’ll be my goal to collect most of the Japanese (NUMBERED) promo’s in PSA 10, This will probably take a lifetime to complete but it’s something I enjoy. Instead of collecting sets I decided to do something totally different with no end in sight.

To start off I took some pictures of the first few cards. I’ll keep updating this post as I aquire more…

First off: JR-Rally Pichu

3 Poncho Pika’s

CoroCoro Kyogre ex

Ultra Necrozma (2018 Japan Championships)

24 Likes

Nice! Love the Pichu. I have the Celebi from JR rally. Cool cards

2 Likes

I like the corocoro kyogre, but I’m biased, I’m too much in love with corocoro :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@gen1a, I Really like the artwork on the JR promo’s as well! It’ll take a while to collect the full set though.

@pokemar, I have to agree with you! although I’m not really biased for it. I do think this Kyogre is very nice!

I’ll try to post 4 pictures at the time to make sure it won’t be an extremely long post. Today I’d like to show some of the promo Pika’s I added to the collection.

The Pokémon center Kyoto Tea party Pikachu. (really enjoy this artwork, so much to look at!)

The mega Tokyo Pikachu.

The poncho Vulpix Pika’s

The detective Pikachu Mewtwo Blister Pika.

7 Likes

Some more for the collection :blush:

Mega Tokyo’s Pikachu

GYM promo pikachu

GYM promo Alolan Sandslash

Summer festa 2017 pikachu

6 Likes

Nice cards man

1 Like

Next up some sealed promo’s!

Pokémon Center Osaka promo, due to the coin in the back there cards have indents quite often.

some PPP promo’s

The 001/S-P pikachu (got one at PSA as well)

These XY the movie promo’s

7 Likes

Those Play promo cards are so cool! Over all very nice collection.

These posts are awesome lol I am collecting the PLAY promo set right now, and the PPP cards look so crispy!

I really like that Tea Party Pikachu card.

Awesome cards!

@ayoveer, @ninipanini, The Play promo’s are indeed very cool! Got a set send to PSA as well (3 different submissions), Hope they all come back 10’s!

@hyruleguardian, Thank you for your kind words! My collection is nothing compared to yours yet, but I like them and I hope to get one of the big hitters once in the future (Let a man dream haha).

Got some more beauties to show :grin: , not really expensive but still nice cards.

Shining Ho-Oh, you got this card when you purchased a shining legends booster box.

This Pika, not sure how you obtained it though, I guess some kind of blister.

The Eevee from the GX start battle.

Last but not least, The Daiichi Pan Eevee, such a cute artwork

9 Likes

It’s once again time for a little update.

First up: CoroCoro Wooper (Glossy) PSA 10

Secondly, this Scizor Glossy PSA 9. Also a CoroCoro magazine card.

Back To numbered promo’s, 5 of the Get Campaign ash’s pikachu’s. Only missing one for the full set.

And this beauty that I picked up. For now I’ll keep it sealed in the hope I find another to grade. It’s an absolute gem though!

2 Likes

Very nice collection! I am a big fan of the JR Rally Pichu.

2 Likes

Was expecting a japanese Venusaur collection haha, not disappointed!

2 Likes

Don’t have nearly enough of those haha, Glad you were not disappointed :grin:

1 Like

As someone who also collects mainly Japanese Cards, this is a very inspiring collection. Cheers!

@mrbubbles, Thank you very much! I appreciate your kind words!

Here again another update. Something a bit different this time!

First we have some sealed GYM promo boxes. In each box there are 20 boosters. Each of the boosters has one promo card.
Tha Boxes are from the XY era, The Blue boosters (Also 20, but they stopped making the boxes, Which I think is a shame :sob: ) are from the Sword & Shield era.

Then we’ve got some detective Pikachu promo blisters, Also sealed.

And 3 of the Poncho pika boxes.

The top one is the Yokohama Pokémon center exclusive
Middle one is the Tokyo DX Pokémon center exclusive
Bottom one is the Vulpix box Which was available in all Pokémon centers I believe. (Correct me if I’m wrong on this one)

7 Likes

Pikachu ponchos get me everytime man

2 Likes

Time for another update

Unpeeled claffa promo’s

These 4 that came as a lot. Will upgrade the Team Japan’s pika later though, now it’s just a placeholder

Sadly not in Mint condition, Has a really small dent on the upper right corner.

J promo Celebi (Both J-promo’s are Jumbo’s) This one came with the corocoro magazine in august/september 2001 to promote the movie “Celebi: A timeless encounter”.

The official name is “Timeless Celebi”. I believe the Celebi in the 10th movie promo set is also called timeless Celebi.

The J promo set is the only Japanese promo set that has numbers for the Jumbo cards. The set consists of 2 cards and was released in the same time as the P promo cards. This set is the smallest numbered promo set in the Japanese TCG.

3 Likes

Got some more stuff

Sealed info packs, vol 1 through 4 (I’m assuming the right one is Vol.1). Sorry for the upside down picture, don’t know how to fix that…

ANA promo’s

CD promo’s. still sealed :grin:

These sealed packs. Can someone tell me what those packs on the right are? Got them with some lot.

6 Likes