Best Pokemon Video Game Generation

3D pokemon is shit. So unless they wanna make a remaster for DS (using moving sprites like B&W), I’m out

Have you played pokemon ultraviolet?

Its super good
Also advance crystal for all you gen 2 fans

Gen 2 by far. Although I started with Pokemon Blue as a kid, Pokemon Gold is probably the game I played the most in my entire life. It not only introduced some of my favorite Pokemon (Feraligatr, Tyranitar, Espeon) but was the perfect upgrade to Gen 1 in every aspect. The introduction of the Day/Night cycle, the Bug Catching Contest, the region design (peaking in Ecruteak City), an entire region as the post-game, battling Red on Mount Silver, the music, and many more is what makes those games outstanding to me.
Even today I still play the Johto games regularly, although it’s mainly HeartGold as it is the perfect remake in my opinion with improvement in graphics and gameplay and adding many cool new things.

1 Like

I can accept this opinion, it’s so sad it lacks a lot of polish but this is by far the biggest potential i’ve seen in a 3D pokemon.

2 Likes

I agree on the polish. Coming off of SWSH my expectations were super low but was pleasantly suprised. It straddled the line of feeling like a new experience while also still feeling like a Pokémon game. Hard to do right.

Probably my biggest gripe about the new games, which I’ve mentioned in the SV thread. All the novelty of Arceus was stripped out.

1 Like

My heart lies in Gen 3, but gen 2 is so so so close. I had to vote gen 2 though just for how great HG/SS are. I wasn’t a fan of OR/AS.

1 Like

Agree.
I started to play with Pokemon Gold. BUT pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver is really not the same and can’t be put in 1 spot. I wouldnt want to go back to playing Pokemon Gold (despite still having an old cartridge and digital version on 3ds) becauseof obvious flaws but i play HeartGold sometimes on my 3DS. These are different generation games despite one is a remake of other.

1 Like

Gen 2 for nostalgia, but I think B2W2 were the best designed games.

3 Likes

I dont agree with the way the poll is set up because i consider gen 4 to be DPPt & HGSS, for example. I cant vote for the option with BDSP even tho gen 4 is best imo. I also love FrLg and RSE, but yea. The way it is, im going with Gen 2

Milotic metagross latios

5 Likes

Dude that is amazing! Thats a goal of mine as well! I still need 6 gold Symbols

Are you using the team i mentioned? It was not so bad with them and the right natures/items

Right now my team in Latios, Metagross, and Slaking. Though, I still need to make the Metagross. Going to see how hyper offense works outs.

I found that even with the best offensive mons in the game, the frontier gets pretty stupidly unfair. Like they always will have super effective moves ready for your specific team so at some point a staller is needed. Slaking may be able to stall though idk. But i never appreciated milotic as much as i did after those battles

The vibrant colors of the gen 2 games and great sprites makes them the best ever. Today’s Pokemon games are pathetic in comparison to the effort that was put into those games.

Thanks for the advice. Oh yeah rest assured I know the BS the frontier can bring out. I’m mostly hoping to use slaking in the more slugfest heavy areas like the tower, palace, and arena where I can pick up quick wins through KOs. I was thinking of having stall with something like Milotic in the back pocket for the pyke and pyramid as well as the rest if necessary.

Ruby was the best. Grew up with the OG cards but couldn’t get a Gameboy until I was in 8th grade, and I played through numerous times.

1 Like