Base Set No Rarity Commons and Uncommons PSA 10

Some of these cards have very low pop, even close to the holos, so my question is, are they really that hard to find/grade for gem mint condition or people are just not grading them at all? I feel they are easier to grade than base set 1st ed for being japanese, but harder to find. Do they worth that premium? What’s your guess? Thanks!

That is a good question. I only ever seem to find No Rarity commons and uncommons in played conditions, which has deterred me from building a binder set for some time now. Most no rarity base set cards also suffer from being off centered.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten lucky with a few of these in past PWCC auctions actually. Way undervalued and often overlooked when those last few seconds remain on their auction times!

Easily the hardest set cards to find in mint or better condition, the issue is you can’t just go and buy product to open like 1st Ed Base for example.

1 Like

My question is if Pop report for PSA 10 is genuine or just there is no interest to grade those cards and just the holos. A PSA 10 karp appeared on ebay at 250 usd, its pop 6 or 7, and gyarados is pop 6. Is magikarp truly that scarce in PSA 10 or people are just grading the holos.

@papafrankgod, All mint or better no rarity cards are scarce obviously the non holos less so than the holos. The Magikarp sold for $200 did you grab it?

No, I spent my last 200 on a PSA 10 legendary reverse karp last week, and I won’t have more cash in paypal for a long time. Personally I like more the one I got so not a big regret, but yeah the low pop scares a bit, to have the chance again, maybe never.

Well if you’re trying to find psa 10 no rarity Magikarp. I saw one sold for 200 last summer.

It only for people that really want it.

I saw Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam in psa 10. Not really my thing tho.

1 Like

One of the boys just got back another order with like 50 10s. Huge % of 10s.

1 Like