Base set/early wotc memorabilia/items

Besides the cards, packs and booster boxes. What are some other base set or early wotc items to make a nice display?

I’m thinking theme decks, maybe posters/binders. But would love some ideas!

Decks are small-ish enough that they can display well. I also like some of the tcg strategy guides but those are larger. Oddball toys are always fun like the marbles or techdecks. If it has to be tcg related you can look into vintage pokemon league items like badgebooks or flyers.

Ive learned a lot about different products through peoples collections here.

9 Likes

Empty starter and theme deck bricks. They look great on their own but can also be used to display other things.

11 Likes

Ooh! That’s interesting

1 Like

Also I wonder how hard it would be to find old Pokémon display stuff from the late 90s/early 2000s

1 Like

They do pop up for sale, depends on what and at what price. There’s some on eBay right now. Maybe a WTB thread?

1 Like

Not easy to find, but the OG advertisement posters are super super nice!

Ive seen a few pop up on ebay from time to time that feature Ken Sugimori art!

3 Likes

What do those look like? :eyes:

I’ll have to start looking

Not exactly WoTC or even TCG related, but I think the Tomy/Hasbro plushies from 1999 fit into a WoTC display nicely. Also any of the GameBoy game boxes are nice to look at and are from the same time period.

4 Likes

Did you say… techdecks? There are Pokémon techdecks??? Oh god, if there’s a Kabuto and Kabutops one, I’m in trouble :joy:

This forum and the collectors who contribute are amazing resources.

5 Likes