Base set 1996

Hey!

Is this 1996 japanese base set comming? I feel like it is heavy underpriced at the moment just because im watching the growth in the english set. Will people start looking these cards up insted of the english 1999?

Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Japanese base set has already seen a huge spike during the covid period, we are talking more than 300-500% on many graded cards (Charizard being the chase one).

There sure is still room for improvement since the supply of mint cards is slowly being used up and the price of the English cards getting so high.

I would consider a nice investment to buy Old mint cards, especially cheap as these ones, but I think you would need to sit on them for a bit to see a satisfying return since the recent surge and the stabilization we are now seeing on regular set cards.

4 Likes

Thank you for answar:)

There are so, so, so many mint base Japanese cards out there. Be careful. It’s not like US version where you can open a pack and get a psa 8, media factory actually had quality control.

1 Like

Dont look like its many for sale in Psa 10 on eBay atm though.

Japanese has been mega low the past few years compared to english, but it’s exploding at the moment for price.

1 Like

Just for future reference the 1st Japanese Pokémon TCG set was called the “Expansion Pack” instead of “Base” like in English.

These discussions need to go in the Giant Market Thread. I previously moved a post of yours to that thread with an explanation of what it’s for.