Autograph Authentication Label Color Change at PSA

I don’t think they ever deem the card as inauthentic. It only ever signifies the lack of authentication.

For example:

These three all do not have the card authenticated, one is a fake card but all the autographs are real.

In these cases the card is authenticated and receives the card designation.

The “Dual service” involves both the card and auto getting authenticated (ex two examples above)

If you submit only to PSA DNA (ex. the paper form here https://www.psacard.com/Content/downloads/PSADNA-Autograph-Submission-Form.pdf ), they do not evaluate the card itself (first three examples above)

1 Like

@pokecollectoramy @pfm

This was very helpful, thank you. But why would anyone want to do that for trading cards/sports cards? To save a few bucks? Seems goofy to me.

Save money and/or to get your own custom items authenticated. This is the problem the blue label addresses. That Mario Pikachu was for sale by the PSA employee that was fired over grading and selling his own weird fake cards/custom cut autos. Basically he’s the reason for all this happening.

1 Like

I sent all mine that way for two reasons. I typically send in batches with other autos (pages, cuts, etc) and it saves quite a bit on each card + saves me from doing multiple orders which saves even more on shipping fees.

My current order has two pages, two artist proofs and two basketball cards, as an example

@pfm @pokecollectoramy

I completely get it for non-card items. But it makes no sense for actual trading/sports cards. :upside_down_face:

Regardless, getting these blue labels is a huge win to reduce this confusion.

1 Like

The cost savings was worth it for me but I certainly won’t be doing those not great blue labels in the future for orders that’s for sure lol

Couldn’t you just ship two orders in one shipment? I’m unsure if it works like that with the other items you mentioned, but it would at least keep the shipping costs down.

Overall it’s a pretty neat solution to the problem. I would’ve liked to see PSA not grade any copyright infringed cards (i.e. fake/custom cards), but I’m sure there are some gray areas that make this solution a lot easier for them.

It’s the return ship that was the issue :grin:

1 Like

It also was significantally faster turn around time to go psa dna over psa card for awhile.

I could turn just auto authenticated “trading cards” around in under 30 days at a time when your order would sit at psa for 4 months to get graded.

I also sent real cards that id rather be slabbed for half the price or less vs duel service.

I think personally the buyers should learn to read and understand what they are buying but the blue label wont bother me anyways.

2 Likes