Are European First Editions undervalued?

Incasseringspunten

1 Like

Really? That’s it?
Still doesn’t make sense to use a word like that for a game targeted at 10-18yr olds. Especially not back in 1999 when ‘we’ used less big words as kids.

It’s the literal translation of hitpoints to dutch.
It doesn’t need to make sense lol.

Dikke vlam-pokemon jonguh!

You should be happy his main attack isn’t called ‘vuurspin’ or ‘vuurdraai’.

Same here in Italy!

Vuurdraak sounds better. But I always felt it should be LP, maybe because I still think HP stands for Health Points and not Hit Points.
I’m still very happy with my Venusaur with Zonnestraal

Tbh i think the only reason they translated fire spin to vuurdraak is because of the AnimĂ©, Where it’s dubbed the strongest fire type move.

And let’s face it, the translators would’ve loved to use “Vuur Spinnen” since draai is Rotate not spin, i mean Blastoise really received the short end of the stick here with “Hydropomp” which should probably have been Water Pomp like in the animĂ©.

And yeah i agree Vuurdraak sounds pretty beast.
Fire dragon would sound rather derpy haha.

As a german collector I see only a chance for the big three 1st ed. base foreign psa10 on the international market.
I personally collect them and here in Germany the demand is increasing, but still very low.
Grading is complicated and most people are afraid to send valuable cards oversee.
The situation could dramatically change if PSA would expend to Europe and grade more than only base set on foreign cards!

For Portuguese, is Unlimited or 1st Edition more rare? I find it’s often hard to know unless you know the details of the release

They don’t need EU office at all. They just need to extend their grading for foreign languages to include Jungle, Fossil and Team Rocket. Getting fluent Spanish speakers shouldn’t be hard to get in the US. And for German, French, Dutch etc. they can just use stock to confirm actual card text being correct. The quality of the cards, the printing etc. is all the same because Carte Mundi printed all languages for Europe at the same time.

Also, doing your own shipments to PSA is not as hard nor expensive as you think. I did a very careful calculation and for that few extra $ you have to pay yourself over e.g. Ludkins, it’s really not the hassle.

It costs me 10 euro for a PSA grade. An American would only lose 5$ if done right.

But yeah, would love to see PSA do some jungles and fossils. Fossil has some good cards with Dragonite and the birds.

foreign base cards often fall under the radar often yes.

I love collecting foreign base, so still missing a fair few languages here and there.

it’s a niche collectable. Many foreigners outside of europe don’t really care for foreign base cards.

1 Like

Send me a wishlist for Dutch, sure i could help you out.