Any ideas on how many cards of Abareru-kun ( sm-p 320 ) are out there?

5,0000 have been said 2 release but more may have been printed and taken from the factory?

Printing numbers are rarely known with PokĂ©mon in general. And the amount of potential extra copies are a complete ‘black box’ in addition to that.

For this card, 5k were said to be printed, so 5k (+ a theoretical handful of extras) is the amount of copies ‘out there’. Whether there are 0 or 25 potential extra copies is pretty much irrelevant with a 5k printing number imho.

In comparison, the SNAP (20 or 15 officially released copies each) and Trophy cards (only a handful officially released copies each) that were sold by pkonno are (almost?) all extra copies. With low printing numbers like this, a few extra copies make a significant difference in available quantity.
Another example: the winners of the Art Academy cards received 100 copies each of their card. We know (at least) five each of the English AA card were somehow obtained and sold by CollectorsCache. 100 vs 105 already doesn’t make too much of a difference in general imo, but what does matter: some of the winners refused to sell any of their 100 cards and still own all of them, so those ~5 available copies on the market are pretty important in that regard.

But whether there are 5k or 5,005 or even 5,025 copies of a certain card that is not too hard to find for sale is ignorable imho, and basically irrelevant in whatever motive made you ask this question in the first place (unless you want to try and collect all 5,000 copies - good luck with that :wink: ).

Greetz,
Quuador

10 Likes

Hahahhaha
 thanks for the reply! I was just curious as limited print cards have always interested me and the potential for ’ extra ’ cards to be out there is captivating

The shady characters involved unfortunately do not leave detailed public records haha

1 Like

I know “extra” cards are controversial but it doesn’t really register negatively for me. I am almost more captivated by the prospect of mysterious extra cards than the ones processed through the known distributions.

I don’t collect things like trophy cards myself, so maybe I just don’t appreciate the allure of a card being so specifically from a certain place. But if I did collect these cards and got to choose between a card received via event or contest or some secret uncirculated duplicate I would take the secret uncirculated duplicate. The card is still the card for me.

1 Like