How Many Pikachu Illustrator Extra copies?

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering what is the exact number of extra copies from Pikachu Illustrator that Yuichi Kono has brought to the market.

Pokumon.com, in this article, reports 2: Early Pokemon Illustration Contests - Pokumon

Although in this post from 149montblanc in Instagram, he “thinks” that there have been at least 6…

4 is a big gap…

Any one has more details about this? Thanks!! :smiley:

1 Like

https://www.cgccards.com/population-report/tcg/pokémon/2/promotional/839/corocoro-comics/18603?populationID=611363

There are 13 copies graded by CGC, probably all are extra copies. One was cross-graded to TAG I heard.

It wouldn’t suprise me if there were 20+ extra copies that made it out of Japan at this point. Many of them are sold by someone else on behalf of people like pkonno (or maybe just him, who knows)

2 Likes

Theres probably no way of knowing exactly how many extras exist. This is a great thread that covers most, if not all, Pkonno sales/listings from 2017-2020. I would presume all of these cards are extra copies.

2 Likes

The pop reports are also inaccurate. Some of the same illustrators have been graded a few times by PSA. I’m sure some have been crossed over. There’s no way to accurately tell unless somehow an individual was able to be in person to witness what’s not been made public. There’s probably a lot more than we think and know. Last year there was video of a Fan Club gyarados, snap Pikachu, etc sheets that surfaced. Imagine if there’s an uncut sheet somewhere that the public doesn’t know about. That would be one of the greatest things to see. I highly doubt there is one but just imagine. I would be surprised but not shocked. Just knowing that more pop up that we didn’t know about to me is exciting and interesting.

1 Like