Any help on how this got a 7?

I have little experience grading cards myself, but though its condition looked closer to the 8s and 9s that I have. Could the little print dot on the front bottom border be the issue? Aside from light whitening and a print line, I thought it seemed like a solid 8.
Appreciate the feedback so I can avoid sending weaker cards in the future.

The top left corner on the back looks rolled, but it could just be the scan.
Otherwise all 4 corners have a white mark, and the print line on the front. This is probably a 7-8 range, not a 9.

2 Likes

Agreed with @eeveeteam on the top left corner. That corner indentation/lipping can lead to a PSA 7 rather than the auto-6 dent.

1 Like

I think the culprit is the plentiful micro scratches on the card surface, I searched the scan via QR and increased the contrast for easy viewing, see the border. I assume that these marks are more prevalent at various lighting angles.

9 Likes

To go along with what others have mentioned…you also seem to have a dot on the front bottom of the card…along with the boarder scratching, it could have impacted the surface grade.

EDIT: I see you mentioned that it was a print dot. Wasnt sure if it was some piece of debris. The print line though does appear to be pretty noticeable

1 Like