Another ebayer to block

I 2nd what jcincy101 say to. Its the best way to handle it and tbh less stressful. If you can sell an item once, you can sell it again.

1 Like

Hey guys,

I know this is a pretty charged dispute but I’m locking the thread now and clearing out some of the personal details for the following reasons:

-Resolution was not adequately attempted by the participating parties
-The initial claim provides only hearsay while the respondent provides screenshots of the encounter
-Neither party appears to be participating in behaviors harmful to future buyers/sellers
-This is based more in differing, reasonable interpretations of what the duty of a buyer and a seller is

All in, I’m making a judgment call on this and saying that the evidence points towards two reasonable people in an unfortunate disagreement. eBay’s judgment aside, I recommend you guys PM each other and start by acknowledging that you’re both enthusiasts just looking to resolve an unfortunate circumstance. The time is lost and there will be some lost return postage fees, but I think you have more to gain by being mutually considerate than duking it out in the court of public opinion.

I think most people would probably say this: Buyer, since you made an honest mistake, but one that is not inherent to the listing, consider eating that return shipping cost since you got your money back already. Consider it a cheap lesson in looking closer/asking questions before buying. And seller, when you get a return from someone that has the feedback to back their reputation, learn to cut your losses and approach the buyer with intent to understand/compromise rather than fighting for the scraps of an already not ideal scenario. There is no perfect way out, but there can be a better resolution. Don’t throw even one day of your mental sanity out the window for $10. You can never get today back but there will always be $10 in the future.

18 Likes