Amwolf's Collection Thread

November 5th, 2021: Collection Update, Slabs, and Video Games

It’s been awhile! No worries though, I’ve been adding to my collections. Yes, collections plural.

First, an update on my Pokémon Collection. I am beginning to slow down my purchases and any additions to my collection. Many of you may not know, but I actually pawned some of my binders to a friend. These binders contained basically the core of my collection so I haven’t been working on those parts since late September. I reached a slight financial issue and needed money and a friend offered to buy my binders and hold them until I can pay back, and it was definitely needed. Grateful for that but also saddening as I don’t have everything in my collection with me, such as my prized Neo 2 master set or Cynthia collection, nor do I have all the gifts sent to me by friends over the last couple of years. I will still be updating my thread, just not as often with the main parts of my collection until I buy them back… which will most likely be in the spring of 2022.

Second, slabs. Over the last year and a half I started getting into slabs, and that seems to be what I will be focusing on until I get my main binders back or have a large update. Since showcasing slabs can be a bit difficult, each post I’ll show favorite slabs or any returns. For this post though, I’ll leave 5 of my favorite slabs here.

These aren’t in any particular order, but I’ll give a bit of info on each one!

• Yanma - First card I graded myself and of a Pokémon I find incredibly cute. It’s something I’m prideful about even though it’s not that cool.
  • Shining Noctowl - First vintage shining I’ve ever owned and first “big” purchase, I also love the art
  • Suicune ex - A gift from a friend
  • Beginning Door - Bought from an E4 member. I absolutely love gen 4 (the generation that was active when I first heard of Pokémon and stuff) and I love Arceus. This art is also one I love and the holo only adds to it!
  • Greninja GX - My aunt visited Mexico some years ago and brought packs back for me, we opened them up together and pulled this Greninja. Recently I sent it to CGC because I wanted to get it graded and have her sign the slab before she passed away. While it did arrive before she passed, she was too weak to sign it, I instead was at least able to show her and she loved it. A jewel of my collection despite it being a card not many people would care for.

If you would like to see more of what I have, I google sheet [here] that has everything in my grading pile and everything I’ve graded (that is in my possession). Feel free to look at it! There’s for sure some things we won’t talk about for awhile.

Lastly, video games. It may not be of any surprise that I also love video games and lowkey collect games. Since I pawned my binders awhile ago, I’ve been picking up games here and there just to pass the time or do something other than watch YouTube or TikTok. I can’t exactly show everything I have, since I have a lot of loose items and some things are just packed away in storage boxes. But I can show what I have set out on a small shelf.

If it wasn’t very clear, I love handheld gaming quite a bit, my first console being a pink DS Lite I got for Christmas one year, and how fitting is it that my newest console (Nintendo Switch) was also a Christmas gift a few years ago? My Special Edition of Metroid Dread is hanging out in my closet, we won’t be seeing that bad boy in this thread :wink: Many of my 3DS cases are empty, due to losing some of my games. I kept many of my games in a travel case for the ease of access and portability, yet this seems to have caused an unfortunate situation where I either lost my games or they were stolen by my brother. I have yet to replace my missing games out of hope I would find them but that is not the case after half a year, and I will be repurchasing the games I lost in the coming months. The games I lost are:

• Pokémon SoulSilver
  • Pokémon White
  • Pokémon X
  • Pokémon Y
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby
  • Pokémon Ultra Sun
  • Golden Sun Dark Dawn
  • Metroid Prime Federation Force
  • Metroid Samus Returns
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon

Losing those games really did upset me and my brother does deny taking them (a THEME with my collections isn’t it?) and at this point there is nothing I can do. I’ve already replaced many games he’s taken from me or game cases he’s destroyed. Even consoles he’s damaged/sold. Not mad, just disappointed at this point.

I have some games coming in soon and are on pre-order, not much or anything super interesting but as for the sake of this update…

• Bayonetta Non-Stop Climax Edition - Contains physical copies of Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2. (This is the only way to get a physical copy of Bayonetta on the switch, it is a Japanese exclusive item.)
  • Metroid Dread Special Edition - Japanese version
  • Pokémon Shining Diamond and Brilliant Pearl Dual Pack
  • Pokémon Legends Arceus - Japanese version
  • Bayonetta 3

Thanks for looking at my thread! I’m not sure if anyone cares too much about video games so I may not include them in updates from now on unless anyone is interested in them. I will for sure include Pokémon games in the future though :blush:

(If you wanna be friends with me on Switch my friend code is SW-3336-3230-4439)

3 Likes