A love for magmar ;)

im now at the point of looking at cards that feature magmar, ive just bought this charizard in english and am currently looking for it in japanese at a reasonable price lol any ideas on other cards that feature magmar? i was slightly dissapointed that magmar hasnā€™t got a tagteam card :slightly_frowning_face:

I think the only other one I can think of is a partial cameo. Blaineā€™s Quiz Show from Unified Minds has a Magmar curtain I guess. Love the collection. Really cool.

1 Like

The cameo thread made by joshspkmncollection here on E4 doesnā€™t mention any other cameos besides those two cards so looks like in english cards thatā€™s it, japanese cards however arenā€™t listed there so itā€™s possible one exists there

1 Like

Hey all, ordered 3 cards i needed from yahoo auctions through remambo and they sent me loads of free magmars which was mint apart from the fact i allready have them lol, any magmar collectors in need of the extras i have give me a shout :blush:
Also to the guys that suggested magmar featured cards please see the 2 below that have now made it into the collection :blush: :wink:

5 Likes

Hi Quuador,
have been grafting away at my magmar master set and i have a few queries if you have a minute :blush:
Magmortar battle starter deck 1st edition 3/9 - canā€™t find it anywhere and a few people have questioned its existence lol
Clash at the summit reverse holo unlimited 13/80 - cant find it anywhere and im questioning its existence lol
Expedition base set magmar matchprint - i know this will by all means be the hardest to find but do you have any idea where i could atleast see pics of it for my own curiosity
Thanks again :blush:

This Deck indeed only exists in unlimited edition.

This one does exist, but unlimited edition Reverse Holos from both the Japanese Reviving Legends (L2) and Clash at the Summit (L3) sets are stupidly hard to find unfortunately. A lot of single PokĆ©mon collectors usually have to acquire this variation as one of the last cards for their collections. Luckily Magmar/Magmortar arenā€™t Primes in that set, since the unlimited edition Reverse Holo Prime cards are even harder to find. I know it took @tonysandlin 11 years before he was able to find his Electrode Prime in RH unlimited edition for exampleā€¦

Unfortunately I donā€™t have a picture of the Matchprint Magmar Iā€™m afraid. The one in the earlier linked video of TCA Gaming is the only one Iā€™ve personally seen. Here is a picture of my Pikachu in case youā€™re curious what a close-up of the back looks like. Although the text itself and its diagonal position could vary, since the full text would read DIGITAL HALFTONE - IMATION MATCHPRINT - COMMERCIAL BASE.

Greetz,
Quuador

Hey all, sorry about the long wait for an update but hope you all had a good xmas :blush:
few lil additions to the ever growing master set :wink:

6 Likes

I suppose that counts as another one of the list lol, 11 years!!! ok i will keep searching for that one. Thanks for the pics of the matchprint pikachu, I have a feeling there is a collector out there that has a majority of the matchprints and then a handful of people that have the odd one like yourself. Thats why im thinking i might settle on an image off one lol Thanks again for your help and if you do get a minute to glance my needed list and know of anyone who has any let me know :blush:

1 Like

@scorrer11, hey do you keep your Magmar cards sorted in a binder? It would make it visually easy to look at your collection if you update your first post with all the cards together. Also by doing this, it makes it easy to see what variants you are missing, so we know what to look out for.

2 Likes

6 Likes

This collection is hot! Absolutely love these, especially when PokƩmon like Magmar get the spotlight. Really inspiring!

Design-wise, what are your thoughts on Magby and Magmortar?

@TCAGaming, is that what i think it is :open_mouth: gimme gimme gimme lol

Hey @eeveeteam,
Please see videos below :blush:
Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.