2001 Tropical mega battle

Is there a difference between the normal Japanese VS Expedition cards and the mega battle deck ones?

I would assume that the Tropical Mega Battle Variant would have the TMB Stamp instead of where the 1st edition stamp would normally be.

correct there will be a TMB logo in the lower left corner. (Looks like two smiling faces)

There will be a logo of a smiling white kid and a smiling Asian kid that represents the international tournament between west and east. The 2000 and the 2001 TMB were the first international tournaments so that logo is really hard to miss and is very iconic.

Fun Fact : The current Worlds tournaments are all based on the rough framework of the Hawaii TMB in 2000, the first international Pokémon TCG tournament.

https://i.imgur.com/5oFQ6EI.jpg

8 Likes

From what I found online the energies don’t have the faces, but I don’t know if they are the same as the regular Japanese ones.

1 Like

Oh is it flex time :blush:

^^ Best card from the release ^^

One of the rarest in the entire hobby. It was the only copy graded for 10 years, and the highest grade. These cards are obnoxiously rare. In fact more TMB, SSB, Pikas & Illustrators have appeared than this card.

8 Likes

@smpratte

8 Likes

They just HAD to make it numbered too :angry:

2 Likes

www.elitefourum.com/t/pokemon-english-energy-cards-collectors-checklist/16776/43

Dead :rofl:

Thanks, I forgot about that thread. I had read it before. I guess I’ll grab a set of VS and call it a day.