1st Edition Cards coming in a Shadowless Pack?.. Thoughts 🤔

Saw on Instagram apparently someone opened a LongCrimp Base Set Blister Pack that contained 1st Edition cards uncommon cards as well.
Don’t know if he opened it on camera or not wondering if anyone’s seen a video or personally witnessed this type of error happen? Makes a little sense if they were transitioning from 1st Edition to Unlimited a few might slip between the cracks. I mean if they re-used the 1st Edition Wrappers by just slapping a black triangle over it why wouldn’t they use the extra cards as well?.. Also possibly Extra 1st Edition Holo Rares…
I have 2 Long Crimp Shadowless Blister Packs, makes it that much more harder to keep on shelf sealed.

1 Like

Yes this can happen on occasion. There is an old video from a long time member here who had a full box of shadowless where the last 3 cards were 1st Edition.

The 3 known variants of potential shadowless are:

• All Shadowless

• Shadowless with uncommon 1st Ed

• All Unlimited

10 Likes

Can back this up with my own experience — shadowless booster pack contained 3 1st Ed uncommons. Mine was also a blister pack (the pack also had a shadowless blastoise holo that ended up grading a 10 so I was over the moon!)

6 Likes

Years ago I opened many like this. WOTC never liked throwing anything away which is why they used up the 1st Ed Unc sheets at the beginning of the Unlimited run.

3 Likes

Very nice. I learned something new today.

Literal god pack right there.

Shadowless Charizard + 1st edition commons/uncommons?? Does it get any better than that??

6 Likes

That’s definitely a dream pack! I’m looking forward to the grade. Too bad the master IG raffler didn’t open the pack himself.

You won’t find any of those packs with common 1st Ed…only Unlimited.

I, too, have heard of this but never experienced it.

That’s an awesome pull though. I imagine he’ll grade it. Hope for that 10.

Opened some like that as well, 3 uncommons 1st ed stamped. From long crimp blisters.

4 Likes

I’ve never been a fan of the US cards, but even I will admit that this is freakin’ cool!

3 Likes