1st edition Blue eyes white dragon PSA 10 LOB

Hi guys Ive been wondering about this cards growth potential moving forward it seems to have a low pop and great popularity which kind of reminds me of the same dynamic of a psa 10 1st edition charizard, with that said, it seems like an obvious great investment choice and has likley not got close to its price ceiling with plenty of room for growth being the holy grail of yugio.
I am not clued up within yugio but yet Ive heard of this card which speaks for itself, im guessing it goes for around $8000? and id imagine could rise alot higher in the future. I am seriously considering getting this card but feel like i dont know enough to make a rash decision so any yugio experts who would be willing to shed some light on this card regarding its potential I would much appreciate your knowledge!!

thanks

1 Like

To be blunt, you’ve missed the boat.

Buy the card because you want it, not because you think it’s a good investment. The card will not experience the growth it’s experienced in the last 2 years any time soon. Past performance is not an indicator of future performance.

1 Like

If youre looking to invest in yugioh theres some good options.

A sealed 1st ed legacy of darkness is $600 but the yata in psa 10 is $900. You do the math, it will eventually catch up.

Theres a few more like that but ill let you find them.

1 Like

The most recent 3 public sales of bewd have been 8500, 9000, and 9025, which happened end of May/beginning of June. If you are looking at LONG TERM investment and have genuine interest in YuGiOh/bewd, I think it’s a good buy even at the current price point. Like you said, this card is pretty much the base 1st zard of YuGiOh so you can’t really go wrong with it. But don’t expect to triple or even double your investment within a year. A year ago this was only roughly a 2k card, and over the course of one year it has been on the rise to 4x-5x.The rate of growth on the card has been astronomical in the past year, but you most likely will NOT see the same type of growth in the immediate future. I have my own speculations on the card’s price ceiling but of course this is impossible to truly predict and is mere speculation. PM me if you want to discuss more about this topic.

2 Likes

People told me that with the Alpha Lotus in 2016. Most of them still don´t own one and keep complaining about prices and inflation. You´re of course right when it comes to %, and any comment about future potential is pure speculation but if you truly think this is the holy grail of the game, and you think that the game is still good in the next decade, it´s an obvious decision. Don´t buy it for a quick flip if that´s what you´re after.

2 Likes

Agree with what’s been said, card definitely still has room for growth but is probably not a short term flip

If you can buy a card for 4000.00 today that’s worth 8000.00 then that’s a good investment. If you pay market today then it’s simply a fair deal.
If you want to know what the future holds keep in mind, that info is a little above any of our pay grades;

1 Like

To be honest, I’m still blown away at the price the blue eyes went up for…especially for the prices I bought them at like 1 year ago.

What do you mean by that?

Lol. That means we’re not fortune tellers.

2 Likes

Sure nobody is a fortune teller and all we can do is make predictions, but for what it’s worth we can see if there is any consensus in our predictions. My personal prediction for the future is that it will be a bright one

If you saw my Yugioh collection you would understand why I’d say, I hope you’re right:)

Well, let’s see it :eyes:

1 Like

That blue eyes is no Charizard though!

It is to some people! Depends if you were a YuGiOh or pokemon kid back in the day haha

5 Likes

I wouldn’t compare a Black Lotus to other other modern trading card.

Yugioh won’t keep up with Pokémon due to the tcg being horrible today, anime dead and artworks mediocre compared to Pokémon.

Surprisingly, the TCG today is still drawing record numbers at tournaments and the competitive side is very much alive. The current anime sucks imo but they are still coming out with new episodes and series and are still airing it. the artwork aspect is purely subjective. I much prefer the complex old school YuGiOh artwork Over the more simplistic style Pokémon artwork.

2 Likes

The 2 hobbies have evolved very differently.

There’s a lot of cynicism around the game from a vocal minority but that doesn’t stop multiple events just in North America which aren’t World Championship Qualifiers from smashing 2k players every year.

The active YGO playerbase definitely outnumbers Pokemon players while there’s simply more people who casually collect Pokemon. You don’t see many card stores holding Pokemon events and when you do there’s almost nobody at Pokemon locals compared to YGO.

Just in Australia, the Pokemon Oceanic Internationals gets on average 200 people while the Australian Yu-Gi-Oh! Nationals will pull in 400 players and the YCS which pulls in 700-1000 people with people flying in internationally to compete.

2 Likes

The competitive Yu-Gi-Oh scene should by all rights, be dead.

No official online simulator.
Drastically changing gameplay.
Terrible prize support.
Very little player interactivity.
Banlists and reprints destroying card values consistently.

But it’s not and that’s because there’s no formula for what is and isn’t popular or how popular something becomes. Just because 90% (pick a number, irrelevant tbh) of people to have ever played Yu-Gi-Oh! don’t play any more doesn’t mean the playerbase isn’t growing or retentive.

I touched on this in the post about DBS from a few days ago but MtG and YGO are GAMES and there’s many ways people enjoy them, leave them and revisit them.

While the Pokemon tcg is certainly a game it’s not primarily consumed as a game. Pokemon while superficially more similar to Yu-Gi-Oh! than Sports primarily consists of people who act like Sports card collectors or people who just consume pop culture merchandise in general than people playing TCGs.

4 Likes