0 feedback buyer with sort of a wrong address

Got an eBay shipping question for you pros :laughing:

Last night someone with 0 feedback purchased an item from me. They paid promptly which is great. Since I know eBay sides with buyers and this guy has 0 feedback I decided to plug in his address in good ol’ google maps. Address not found. hmm. Changed the TRL to actual Trail, no address found. Removed the number part of the address. Cool located the area, but I figured something was wrong with the number part of his address. So I just tossed it into google. Not finding it, so after removing a number here and there I finally found his address. He added an extra number at the end of it.
So, I messaged him last night asking to confirm his address and I haven’t heard anything back from him. I would love to remove that extra number in his address, but if anything happens I think Paypal/eBay could say I didn’t ship to the address on his account?
My guess is to just ship it and hope nothing happens? Just thought I’d ask everyone to ease my mind a bit!

Thanks! :blush:

Cancel the order. Tell him his address is wrong and once it’s fixed he can purchase the item again.

1 Like

I’m guessing he could slap me with negative feedback?

I would wait until they respond (wait as in wait until Friday afternoon for a response). Worst case scenario is they don’t respond and you cancel the order, citing that they had the wrong address and would need to provide the correct address to receive the item.

3 Likes

Ok!
I was just looking at his account, he just made it yesterday and then bought $175 item from me.
Noob question, how do you cancel the order :stuck_out_tongue:

If he only purchased it yesterday I would just wait a couple of days. Some people only check their messages once a day (after work for example), sometimes later. I usually check my email multiple times a day, but if it’s a busy day at work and I have let’s say a party in the evening, it’s possible I might not check my email at all except for once in the morning.

I would just wait a few days, and if they don’t respond, you could cancel the order stating the shipping address is unknown.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Try to print the label as is through PayPal. It won’t let you.
Contact buyer and say PayPal won’t print the label due to inaccurate address. Ask them to fix the address so you can print their label.
If a negative comes, a simple explanation to eBay will get it removed.

1 Like

I’ve sent him two messages the night he bought the item and I still haven’t heard anything back. I’ll give it until this afternoon and then I’ll cancel the order and tell him to provide his correct address. I’m hoping that will be enough for eBay.

No matter what address I always do these three steps:

• Check if eBay and PayPal are the same. If not; I message buyer.
  • Check if address is actually real, Google Maps is your friend. If not; message buyer.
  • Check if address is in correct format. If not, message buyer.

Just make sure you open a case. Don’t just cancel the order. If case ends in your favour, especially on cancelling your order, you get your eBay fees refunded. If you just cancel it, the buyer can still leave negative feedback and you’re losing money on all the fees.

1 Like

@genosha,

• eBay and Paypal are the same address.
  • Google maps can’t find it, but after I removed the number part and unit number in the address I could locate it. After doing some more digging I found that he added 1 extra number at the end of the number part of the address, otherwise, it’s pretty much correct.
  • It’s in the correct format.

Usually, I don’t do this type of digging, but since he just made his account the day he bought the item I figured I should be nervous about it being a scam. I could do signature confirmation possibly or just open a case on this.

Signatures don’t matter much. If he is out to scam you, he can file a case for not as described and you’ll still get hosed.

But open a case, let eBay handle the fact his address is incorrect so you atleast get your fees back on cancelling.

Will do! Thank you!

How do you know this for sure? Removing that single number could just result in another address on the same street.

Well, I did find his name and the correct address on another site.

Impresive! Was Detective Pikachu your partnet in this adventure? :wink:

2 Likes

information is everywhere! :wink:

The buyer should provide all information. Not you digging around to find where he did wrong.