Your First Pokemon Experience. Mine: Seizures

I was 7 and was watching TV with my lil’ brother; we were just zapping through the cartoon channels. Then we came across a cartoon where a boy threw a red & white ball towards a worm and captured it (end of episode 2), and then episode 3 started.

We were both hooked and watched a few episodes. Later we received our first packs from our mom (unlimited Base). Mine included a Holo Chansey.
Everyone at school brought their Pokémon cards, and since I preferred more cards over shiny holo ones, I accepted a trade of my Chansey to a Pidgeot, Pidgey and Vulpix. A few days later we heard about the Pokémon craze on the 8 o’clock news, and how collectors would pay over 100 Gulden (old Dutch currency) for single cards. When they said that they showed a Charizard and Chansey. :unamused: :grin: I don’t know if it was a 1st edition Shadowless one or not, and as a kid I didn’t even knew these differences existed (and I doubt the news reported did either).

Luckily I made some smarter trades later on (and also some less smarter ones, like my Mint from pack LC Reverse Foil Moltres for a Japanese unlimited edition Holo Neo Genesis Steelix).

When I started collecting again little over a year ago the Chansey was one of the first cards I bought, for just 1.5 bucks, for the nostalgia and memories.
It’s funny how much Pokémon has shaped our lives. I wonder what it would have been without ever existing. I sure would have a lot more ‘spare’ time now for other hobbies, hehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like