What do you do about a shill bidder?

Situations like this are exactly why I wait for the last 5-10 seconds on an auction before placing a bid. Thanks to the thread a few weeks ago about Gixen, I’m now doing this without having to set any alarms at 4AM for badly-timed auctions.

Please don’t do this unless you are 100% confident that it was the seller doing the fake bidding. All sorts of people place fake bids on items for all sorts of reasons; it doesn’t necessarily have to be the seller doing it to boost the price.

I would hope so, I ended up reporting two people because it looked like they were string bidding on a couple of my auctions (although they did end up winning the auctions and then paid for the items, so I don’t even know what went down for sure). Regardless, all of my auctions have every bidders name available to the public, so it’s not always the seller’s fault.

UPDATE: My payment was put on hold because my paypal email address was changed. I definitely don’t remember changing it, but it was still one of my email accounts. So end of story, I’m just dumb.