Was your favorite pokemon left out of Sword & Shield?

I think leaving Pokemon out of the game was a smart move overall for Pokemon. Maybe this is an unpopular opinion post. It’s easy for us long-timers to be upset since we know all the pokemon and have favorites and want to see them but think about the other point of new games, bring in a whole generation of pokemon lovers.

When we started we only 151-251 pokemon to learn and love and appreciate. A manageable number to get into. Now with like 900 pokemon, that is a lot for little kids who are learning about pokemon for the first time to come into a game and learn and remember and figure out. Even 400 is a lot. But if there were 900 for the new kids to learn right away, I could see that being a turnoff for them as it is overwhelming.

My favorite pokemon Ampharos, Heracross, and Scyther were left out but no biggie for me, it’s not like they are deleted from Pokemon forever lol, plus I enjoy most pokemon anyways.

1 Like

Yeah it did say that, but the more I played at the camp I feel like those started to change. So I guess they start to get better the more time they actually spend together. Many of my Pokemon didn’t like Rapidash at first too but I don’t remember any of the texts saying anything about it anymore now that I think about it

1 Like