VintageTCG Collection Thread

This set got me into collecting Japanese cards back in 2000/01. All 3 series plus sheet 00. I think I’ll bulk submit these to PSA when they open back up. They will make a nice display piece all sealed. Thank you for looking.

17 Likes

The art on the vending series is so cool to see, with how much it shows pokemon interacting with the environment. I really like the kabuto and omanyte where they are in the process of revival. Grading them all sounds pretty pricey, but it wouldnt definitely be interesting to see a full graded set. Great start to showing off your collection.

4 Likes

Thank you. Yes pricey but I think it’ll be worth it. Most will only be max PSA 8 I recon due to the terrible centering.

Squirtle Bulbasaur VHS Intro Starter Deck Pokemon Cards

These cards are from my Japanese Squirtle Bulbasaur Intro Starter Deck that came with a VHS tape that I never got around to view.

8 Likes

Such strong centering on all your vending cards. I recently purchased freshly peeled but otherwise mint sheet of Series 000 and they are untenably askew. :slightly_frowning_face:

Beautiful cards. I also really love the intro decks with their cute little set symbols.

1 Like

Patrician taste. Vending is my favorite set and the Intro Packs are up there as well. They look so wonderful in the 12 slot binder. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

I do like the 12 slot binder. Seeing 24 cards laid out across your lap, slowly turning the pages is a nice feeling.

2 Likes

Pokemon Quick Starter Gift Set Red & Green Decks

Adding more to my collection I pressent cards from the Red & Green decks out of the Quick Starter Gift Set.

Most of these card are found in the Vending Series. But unlike the Vending cards which have a glossy front to them these have your regular matt finish. They also are missing their rarity symbol.

The RED dot indicates the start of the RED deck.

9 Likes

Vending is awesome! Do you plan something custom made to display them?

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your collection! I saw a lot of cards that I’ve never seen before tonight that I now very much enjoy.

1 Like

I would like to display them. Maybe I’ll get one of those 30 slab display frames and acrylic slabs and every now and then rotate the display. I am planning to get a lot graded when the time is right & finance :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you & everyone for taking the time to view.

Awesome collection! I’m still debating if I should peel my vending series collection, with your pics I just might! Maybe give a heart attack to some sealed collectors in here. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m sure it will but let’s hope not. If you do decide, be very careful as peeling them as the 20+ year old glue can bond to the card and pull the surface off. I peeled mine over 20 years ago so it wasn’t much of an issue.

Also look up bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vending_Machine_cards_(TCG) and decide the cards you want to peel. Some of the card overlap from sheet to sheet. Good luck, they are lovely cards.

1 Like

Selection of my Japanese Promos. I hope you like?

Some set are not finished but working towards getting them completed. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is the back of the Let’s Trade Please CD Promo card. Holotastic!

4 Likes

I don’t like it, I love it! You have most cards I, too, deemed essential for my own JPN vintage collection (and then some). I’m a bit jelly on your Natta Wake Pika. It kinda feels like I missed the boat on a decent condition copy. Very awesome binder!

1 Like

Thank you. All of the vintage card I got back in 2000’ish except for the Natta Wake which I got recently from Japan’s Yahoo Auction but I have serious doubts about its authenticity. Most test pass like sharpness of print, correct fonts, thickness of card stock, colours except the corners are pretty badly cut and the card surface print is almost like the waxy shiny gloss has been worn away in places leaving a textured surface on the card. I’ll be sending it off to BGS or one of the grading companies to get validated. If it is legit then it’s only going to get maybe a 3 or 4 :slightly_frowning_face: I lost out on this purchase that’s for sure. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

4 Likes

Indonesian KFC gets added to the collection

7 Likes

Love this thread. I’m a sucker for pre-2000 Japanese promos. My favorite so far in this thread is the old Imakuni? Trainer. Still on the hunt for a NM/M copy as I’ve always loved that card. I have the ‘97 JR Stamp Rally Mew & Pikachu at PSA currently. Hoping for a 8-10 as I opened the binder myself!

All the best for the grading. Fingers crossed for the magic 10. Back in the old days lol, I was fully aware of the Japanese Railway Stamp Rally but never collected any. :sweat: I’m now paying the price so to speak.