Trouble with yahoo auctions

This us for yahoo auctions japan. I used to have an easier time searching the site, but now i can not find anything. Either usuling english and google translate, or copy paste japanese text. examples include mew card pr kirby ichiban kuji. Can someone help me with how to search better???

I’ve noticed that if I do not put the exact Japanese characters aka copy pasting the text from the wiki, google translate or putting English text usually almost always fails.

If the Japanese text fails from copy pasting, such as kirby ichiban kuji, what I would do is to break the text into multiple segments to try to get some hits. Then, through the hits, you copy paste the symbols more closely related to the product to see what it gives you. So for example, for kirby ichiban kuji:

1. I searched the three words together. It did not work.

2. I searched kirby, it net met this: buyee.jp/item/search/query/kirby%20?translationType=1

3. My guess is that what you’re looking for seems to be related to the lucky draws or claw machine prizes from banpresto, so I clicked on the first link: buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/q207864623

4. Quickly looking at the auction, I can assume that:
    ☆新品未開封☆ 星のカービィ 一番くじ プププリミックス C賞 プププなヘッドフォン ヘッドホン kirby
    新品未開封: some new stuff “new product” is my guess, just telling people the product is new

星のカービィ:
seems like that means kirby in Japanese from searching, based on the items that resulted: buyee.jp/item/search/query/%E6%98%9F%E3%81%AE%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%93%E3%82%A3

くじ プププリミックス:
seems to give me a bunch of banpresto related items with kirby with headphones:
buyee.jp/item/search/query/%E3%81%8F%E3%81%98%20%E3%83%97%E3%83%97%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9?translationType=1

C賞 プププなヘッドフォン ヘッドホン:
Seems like this means C prize, and as you can tell the text from that matches the box, meaning it describes the box.

So through the filtering, I managed to find some lucky draw with kirby prizes related to headphones. If I take the “星のカービィ”, I would start going through the pages to find an item as closely related to what I am looking for, and go through the same process again.

Hope it helps!

3 Likes

Well done ditto. Detailed help like you provided is what sets E4 apart from all the other Pokémon site posers like the gym, beach, Facebook, Reddit and all those garbage sites:)

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your compliment Gary, means a lot to me :blush:

1 Like

thank you very much!

1 Like

Always a pleasure :blush: