Trading?

I’m interested in trading all or most of my collection for a few select cards. I just learned that trading threads are not allowed (had a post detailing my collection and what I was looking for removed).

Do you guys ever trade? If so, how? Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers!

2 Likes

sell item → make money → buy what I want

12 Likes

You just have to look elsewhere.

It’s ironic, and kinda sad, that people aren’t allowed to trade on a Pokémon card collecting website. Not really clear why it needs to be that way.

1 Like

www.elitefourum.com/t/no-more-trade-threads/25225/1

4 Likes

Is what’s written at that link supposed to explain why people aren’t allowed to trade?

yes

2 Likes

trading is a waste of time and too risky, do what pfm says

6 Likes

I’m not sure it’s clear why it was “the most work for everyone” simply because the “majority of trade threads were unsuccessful.” (Notably, most WTB threads also seem to be unsuccessful, but how would that be “the most work for everyone?”)

Trade threads, especially now with evolving prices are awful. 90% were either people trying to upgrade a bunch of cheap cards for one very valuable card, which no one is taking that deal, or they were low key sale attempts. Also trading is inherently inefficient.

As for wtb threads being a waste of time, sure, that’s true for lowball threads. Which I considered making a rule, but lowballs aren’t the majority. Most wtb threads with fair prices are successful. Significantly more than trades, which means less work for the mods.

5 Likes