The Snap Dragon Hunt - A Quest to complete a Childhood Dream

That is fantastic news! You have time to work up to a trade and now don’t have to panic about forever missing the boat! I know you can do it! :grin: It took me eleven years to get my Chansey.

12 Likes

oh bebe devy jones

[EDIT] I hope you name yourself or Gyara that one game secretly.

1 Like

Best Example of someone thinking: " What can i do to achieve Goal X" instead of the normal " I cant afford it" thinking
I am sure you will reach it. Maybe the Hunt needs a few Years more but you will get there =)

3 Likes

I loved reading this post and I really hope to see you finish your childhood dream. I’m gonna stay up to date with this thread, best of luck !

1 Like

Quick update!

Admittedly the second round has been pretty rough and some friends and colleagues suggested doing some advertising. I also added some things that I was hoping to sell but decided I might have to go as big as I can - at least to get it going more. At this point, I’m potentially willing to put almost everything that isn’t a part of my collection into this effort.

Either way, I took a couple of hours out of the last few days to make some animated posters via pixlr, ms paint, and instagram’s sticker app.

It’s been almost 15 years since I took graphic design in high school, but I’m not horrified by the results. Definitely not winning any awards though. XD

This is 2 of 3 animated posters I made - the other one I can’t show. But let me know if other people have any suggestions on how I might improve the designs. I surprised myself in having a lot of fun making these.

17 Likes

Dude I honestly think they look terrific. You sure you no amateur? :grin:

Hoping to see the ball roll into the next chamber–gotta keep blowing the room up out there. I’m gonna be pleased seeing an update on this thread every single time.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I’m thinking if I have to make more of them, I’ll do it for the fun of it - there was something incredibly satisfying about seeing an animation with music on the platform and I’ll keep making this for every update too. Obviously the music doesn’t play on regular gifs, but if anyone was curious, I used Gravy Beat’s “Dragon” as it felt appropriate:

YouTube_fbALsmQVrQ

1 Like