Skyridge Holos PSA 9 & 10 Pop Report Change

In my quest to complete a full PSA 10 Skyridge holo set, I regularly checked the PSA pop report to get an idea of which cards were harder to pick up than others. A slow day at the office later I ended up assembling a spreadsheet so I could easily refer to this information. It has now been a full year since I originally made the sheet, so I decided it would be fun to share how the Skyridge PSA 9 & 10 pops for the holos had grown.

To spice things up, I decided to rank all 38 Skyridge holos from highest to lowest PSA 10 / PSA 9 + PSA 10 percentage and then tracked how each card’s position changed from June 2022 to June 2023.

My observations

• Machamp is no longer the easiest holo to achieve in a PSA 10. That dubious honor belongs to Rhydon now!

• With the exception of Umbreon, every single holo decreased in PSA 10% from June 2022 → June 2023. Lots of people chasing one of the OG Moonbreons or cracking 9s to try for 10s?

• Crystal Charizard saw the largest position drop out of any card from 27 → 34. This is less due to PSA handing out a ton of 10s and more because all the cards around it received fewer 10s proportionately.

• Forretress saw the largest rise out of any card from 14 → 6. This is due to its PSA 10 pop going from 62 → 67 while its PSA 9 pop rose from 107 → 153.

• Houndoom still remains the hardest card in the set to achieve a perfect grade by a large margin. Although relative to many earlier WOTC sets, it still isn’t that difficult.

• From June 22, 2022 → June 22, 2023, 527 new PSA 10 Skyridge holos were graded (an increase of roughly 13%). The cards are still relatively easy to get high grades in so it will be interesting to see if things slow down next year as the perceived RAW supply dwindles.

• Raichu is still the ugliest holo in the set

11 Likes

I’ve heard skyridge has really good print quality so 10s are pretty high in the report

Yeah, a lot of them are still pretty close to coin flips. Means that the 10 premiums aren’t massive (2x - 3x PSA 9 price).

Skyridge charizard has a pretty high 10 report for a wotc card

This is awesome data! Thanks for putting it together, @ddk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really cool to see this kind of data!

Wouldn’t people cracking 9s for an attempt at a 10 increase the 9 population relative to the 10? (presumably most crack → resubmit attempts fail + the original 9 is not deactivated)

FYI you can use PokeMetrics to see all of this information so you don’t need to manually track it yourself :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can’t believe PSA were willing to release this data too!

4 Likes

You had me till the Yuka Mori raichu slander. F this thread

Didn’t know about that site, thanks! Although they seem to calculate PSA 10% out of all cards graded and not just 9s & 10s (though TCG Fish has that number).

Good to know there are plenty of resources for this kind of stuff!

1 Like

I can’t get over how weirdly cropped the Raichu is.

On the other hand I love her Piloswine. The little diorama she made to go with it is adorable!

true, only the 9/10 are used to calculate the gem rate.

The era of crack for upgrades can’t last forever. Personally I’ve been pretty disappointed with very recent PSA 9s for crack-cross potential so idk maybe the days of easy crossing will end and gem rates will slow