Selling cards on eBay

The US cap is $750 FVF, with a store subscription the cap goes down to $350

1 Like

Can I ask - are you able to subscribe for only 1 month, sell a bunch of high-end items & enjoy the $350 cap, or is there a minimum subscription period?

You can absolutely do that

1 Like

@quuador you’ll want to scrub the bit about your social media handle. eBay will view it as fee circumvention which they don’t take kindly to.

www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/publishing-contact-information-policy?id=4373

2 Likes

@quuador, I agree that the options at ebay.nl are extremely limited. It’s not even possible to enable the best offer option as far as I know. GSP is also not available in the Netherlands.

With regard to shipping, PostNL offers the option of insured shipment up to €5500. You have to visit the post office to get the package insured for a value above €500 though. I know one person who regularly sells high-end PSA cards and uses this method. Personally, I am not the biggest fan of international shipping through PostNL, since they have no international presence (with exception of Belgium). Moreover, I don’t feel comfortable shipping a high value item from a PostNL punt (you have to state the insured value at the location itself). Although PostNL insured shipping is by far the cheapest option we have.

DHL Express might also be an interesting option. DHL is well known in the Netherlands and has an extensive international network. I am not sure if and how much insurance they offer for collectibles, though. They’re more expensive than PostNL, but the delivery time of DHL Express is also much better. I think international buyers would also be more comfortable with a courier they know.

1 Like

Also remember to add your coyntrys vat% on top of the ebay seller fees…
Yeh, silly.

The maximum insured value for eBay’s GSP is £2000 (in the UK, anyway), so it wouldn’t have been appropriate even if available to you.

1 Like

Yeah, I had read that indeed. I thought it would be somewhat allowed since I state I don’t want any questions not relatable to eBay. I mainly added it so people know who I am and if they know me they know my eBay account is trustable, but I’ll indeed remove that last part. Thanks for the feedback.

Hmm, I thought PostNL was only insured up to a maximum of 500 euros. I use it all the time internationally, but have never shipped anything as expensive as this.
DHL would probably be a better option indeed though, mostly because during this pandemic PostNL is rather slow, and I don’t want people to try and get a refund on their 4k because the shipping was just delayed beyond eBay’s short protection period… I prefer to pay a bit more personally for shipping to know it will arrive within at most 2.5 weeks wherever in the world the buyer might be located at, but I wasn’t expecting a 400+ USD price tag for shipping with 4k insurance like the UPS fees I’ve looked up…

Greetz,
Quuador

@quuador

A more simple option is consigning with PWCC. I assume they still allow foreigners to send cards. You might get a tad less than if you listed yourself but I find PWCC auctions to end up wit the highest bids, though not always true.

1 Like