Seller opened case before delivery - More help needed

@xzini, ebay has pathing issues hardcore. Sometimes I find the “call us” option, and sometimes I don’t. Keep trying to find the page via various pathing methods. Sounds insane, but that’s the internet for you. Sometimes I find it in a pathway like looking up how to return an item on ebay, finding a link on google, and finding it from there. I hope you get help from them, sorry to hear about that. So unfair.

1 Like

Buyer has asked eBay to step in. I’m so fucking scared! Help me!!! :slightly_frowning_face: I’m getting no response from eBay

In conclusion:

• Buyer buys on Nov 6th
  • Buyer pays on Nov 10th
  • I ship Nov 11th
  • Card leaves Finland Nov 25th
  • eBay has put estimated delivery as Nov 27th
  • Buyer requests the item on Nov 30th
  • Tracking doesn’t work directly on eBay so I’ve provided the buyer link to tracking
  • Today less than a month since day of shipment they ask eBay to step in
  • They are expecting to get the card today or tomorrow even though THE CARD ISN’T IN THE US YET

I’m so desperate. I don’t want to be forced into a refund. Even so because they WILL get the card eventually!

Help meeeeeeee :slightly_frowning_face: I’m going insane. I’m NEVER selling on eBay EVER AGAIN

@xzini, I would explain the situation and provide the tracking number to ebay that you provided to the buyer in the case.

As for phone calls, I was digging through some ebay forums and some non-US/Canada sellers have been able to use 866-540-3229 via skype or google call as a bypass.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I tried but they said the number is not in use and referred me to eBay Customer Service

The buyer said to me they can wait until the end of December so that’s good news! But eBay is still stepping in now which is my concern…

Update. eBay refunded the buyer. :slightly_frowning_face:

The buyer said they didn’t seek for a refund and opened case just for the fact that card didn’t arrive. They promised to send the money back if the card arrives (I know it will eventually).

Officially not selling on eBay ever again after this mess…

2 Likes

@xzini That sucks, I’m sorry to hear that. Can you make a claim with the postal service?

Seriously? That sucks, this is why I don’t sell internationally

1 Like

What was the item, cost, and buyers user id? How much feedback do they have?

To me it’s surprising if they asked they just today it would be closed so fast and without contacting you

That’s crazy! I think it’s pretty much automated once eBay “steps in” and basically checks if tracking has been added directly through eBay (paying and printing the tracking from eBay after the sale)

did you purchase postage off eBay & upload the tracking separately?

In any case I would try and get ahold of eBay customer service if you can’t get a live chat which would be easiest then just try to email and explain the situation and provide the tracking number to them and any proof of postage you have like a receipt

They should overturn the refund, the buyer won’t get the money taken off him again but eBay should pay you out of there pocket since it’s there mistake.

There’s a similar story here
community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Archive-Seller-Central/Ebay-refund-buyer-despite-tracked-and-signed-proof-of-delivery/td-p/2373988

eBay is a horrible place for sellers…

1 Like

I can’t make this up guys.

The card arrived to the US just now…

And @pikachutcg I can’t buy shipping directly on eBay because I’m from Finland and we don’t have our own eBay site so I’m forced to buy shipping separately always. The fact that the tracking didn’t work directly on eBay screwed me over even though I provided a working tracking link to our national postal service’s site, and to USPS as well.

I’ll see if the buyer actually keeps his word about giving the money back to me. He is a very high feedback buyer and all positive. I have a feeling he’s genuine about it and all but we will see.

5 Likes

@xzini, at least the buyer seems to be reasonable and will refund your refund

1 Like

For the longest time I would always call eBay and it was a nightmare trying to get a hold of them. Now I just use their chat option, it will often give you an automated machine to start. Just type “I want to talk to a person” and they will give you a live support rep to talk to. Doing this I have been able to talk to a rep in 1-10 minutes. I also like the chat function because I can easily copy and paste links of ID Numbers.
Hope someone finds this useful.

1 Like

yeah, i had an item that has been delayed for several weeks in the US. i didn’t use tracking because it was a small value item. the buyer opened a case against me about a week ago. i told them packages have been delayed often recently because USPS just sucks and it’s the holiday season. anyways, the buyer seemed good with it but since they opened the case, eBay stepped in and reviewed the case and decided in 2 hours that i was to refund the buyer fully. i honestly was not surprised and just let it go. i hope the buyer is honest enough that if/when they receive the item, they’d tell me about it. but these things are part of “doing business” on eBay as many seasoned sellers have mentioned. but obviously your situation is a bit different, it being international shipping and probably an item of more value than the one i sent out. hope the buyer is honest and will pay for the item after the fact. BUT still, by refunding, you lose the paypal fees i believe…

Hopefully he is genuine but he could quite easily not give your money back and there is nothing you can do about that sadly, as far as eBay is concerned the buyers involvement in the process and finished. It’s now between you and eBay.

eBay must not be aware that you have provided tracking at all otherwise they would not have auto refunded the buyer. If you yourself can’t go onto the item and see what stage the tracking is in while not leaving eBay’s website then eBay won’t be able to either.

eBay should give you your money back once tracking shows as delivered to his address but you will have to prove to them it has been delivered first. Unfortunately since eBay’s system can’t recognise your tracking number on it’s own it’s down to you to get a human to sort it out for you, Contact them anyway you can and give them all the information you have. Tracking numbers, pictures of receipts, links to check the tracking etc. Don’t give up!

1 Like

Yeah that’s pretty much how it goes if there’s no tracking available for the item and it’s gone past the estimated delivery date + so many days once a case is opened. However the buyer is likely not “good with it” since to get eBay to step in after a case is opened they would have had to escalate the case themselves and ask eBay to step in & request a refund, it’s not automatic.

In my opinion if the buyer was genuine about the situation and is fine with waiting a little longer they would not then go tell eBay they wanted their money back right now and escalate the case.

Good to know. I haven’t done this from the buyer’s perspective. Either way, I am bracing for the worst. You can only control what you can. These are out of my hands. It’s the holidays and I rather focus on the good in 2020. :blush:

1 Like

I’m not sure if you can still do this, but I would see if you can get the package returned back to you. They were so quick to fill a case on you & caused unnecessary stress due to their lack of patient. I wouldn’t feel too trusting of them honestly.

1 Like