Ranking All Oldschool Shinings

Gyarados is definitely top tier; interested to see if Japanese or English counterparts average higher - i personally prefer the English shinings

2 Likes

What if I told you Gyarados is currently not in 1st place

2 Likes

I feel the next one should be done with comments disabled until results are shown.

Iā€™m placing my bet on Mew being in 1st

3 Likes

Spoken like a true statistician :slight_smile:

FWIW I imagine people arenā€™t reading the comments until after they vote. The benefit of comments is also that it keeps the thread bumped.

3 Likes

Mew is an SSS tier card, but magikarp is close.

I did not vote on any of the Japanese cards except for mew. Since their holofoil is really different than is shown in the scan. And I have actually never held an other Japanese shining except for mew. Ill say that I really like gyarados and kabutops.

I may be going to Wela Volcano for this, but Shining Magikarp (holo bleed) and Shining Mew are the only 10/10 on this list. Shining Gyarados is 9/10 - if the ink was slightly lighter, you could see more of the holo pop.

Shining gyarados is the best and buttzard is the worst.

1 Like

How do you feel about magikarp?

Mew and Gyarados will be one and two.

English is supreme (most of you can only speak English)

Interesting to have the JP versions there this time, though doesnā€™t really change much for me.

Oh magikarp is definitely up there, especially the fan club version. I rank it 2nd.

Japanese Kabutops ftw! Such an incredible card!

1 Like

I agree I really like those Kabutops too! They need more Shinny Love!

Semi related and didnā€™t want to start a new thread, but just saw this diorama of the Shining Gyarados

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/11aw326/shining_gyarados_card_diorama_oc/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

1 Like

I Will be very disappointed if he donā€™t get the podium

Magikarp is the best shining

1 Like

Shining Mew gonna have a top two finish for sure!

Gyarados, Mew and Tyranitar my top 3 in that order. Mewtwo is probably the most underrated imo

1 Like