Pull Rates Rarity

Just a quick question, what are some of the rarest cards in terms of pulling odds out of a pack that has been in the hobby? Was it the Gold Stars? And just for fun, in the future I think it’ll be exciting to have 1 card out of a set that’s super rare, maybe rarer in terms of Rainbow Rare pulls nowadays - think of a Willy Wonka Golden Ticket rarity pull :blush:

What’s that like a million chocolate bar to one golden ticket?

2 Likes

I read this and left E4…

30 minutes later I still had little Charlie and his “I’ve got a golden ticket” singing in my head so I had to come back.

I never kept up with pull rates myself until XY when I started opening packs in mass. I tell you what, the Gold Ultra Necrozma was hard. It is not the same rarity as the other secret rares. I opened 1500+ packs and my wife managed to pull 1 in the last 5 packs we had. Surely it is not that hard to pull, but it would take a lot of elite trainers to know for sure.

7 Likes

Is it generally assumed or has it been verified that pull rates in sets that aren’t available in booster box form are the same as sets that are?

I can tell you that for Generations, Shining Legends, and Dragon Majesty they are not. Most of the time, pull rates are different. I cannot say off the top of my head they are all different, but usually pack composition is different as well.

1 Like

I reckon no damage Ninetales would be up there. Also, pulling any no rarity holo comes to mind given the scarcity of sealed product.