PSA Labels w/ New Certs & Old Labels Only Come from PWCC

I know this is coming a bit late since I already won the auction, but I find the Cert number on this Zapdos to be off. The cert number is in the 28 million. PSA cert cards in this range should have the updated late 2017 Lighthouse Flip card with Fugitive Ink. I own PSA cards in the 27 million range with the new Lighthouse flip card. The previous old hologram from my knowledge should not be on this card. Am I mistaken?

www.ebay.ca/itm/352282724399

Wow $1375 for that card…just another example of prices falling for high end cards. But yes I am also interested why that doesn’t have the newer updated label with that very #

$1375? Wow prices have hit the floor

You think that’s bad a Mewtwo went for $1800 woof. Dog days.

1 Like

Slightly off topic but this is also from the last PWCC group and I was wondering if this was mislabeled? Foreign first edition raichu that I am assuming somebody thought was shadowless? Weird.

www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Game-1st-Edition-Holo-Raichu-14-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-PWCC/352282724319?hash=item5205afc7df:g:TbkAAOSwa2ZahgFH

The cert number checks out on PSA’s website so it shouldn’t matter. As long as the card is registered authentic with PSA, matches the card in the case, and is in an actual PSA case, you’re fine.

Unfortunately, that somebody was me. Given the deep bid history seems like a lot of bidders thought it was English too. Title was in English (since pwcc usually labels languages outside of English) and bidding pattern was similar to English in terms of price point, especially relative to the other cards like mewtwo

Not the best outcome and indeed it’s my mistake, but I won’t be paying. Yes my fault for not noticing

I think its still worth discussing. A PSA certification number that doesn’t match the timeline of the corresponding PSA Flip label is somewhat concerning. Does anyone have any ideas?

Probably a special request,

Yikes, I don’t understand how 4 people willing to pay 1.7k+ for a card don’t realise its not English…

1 Like

You can request what PSA Label your card gets graded with? :confused:

Card looks a bit shilled, as this guy n***i(245) up’ed the price heavily. On a side note i think whoever placed the last bid probably just looked at the title last second before bidding on it. I bet the item will be relisted!

Definitely not shilled, n***i(245) just kept upping his bid when it said he was outbid, I do that all the time, 4 medium feedback bidders all bidding 1.7k+, with the winner being a member of our forum

Not really. There are some very limited exceptions apparently.

Lol what happened was I saw the alakazam sell for 1.7k, realise it was a thin demand market and proceeded to put in bids for all the psa 10 1st ed holos - there were alot of cards on auction so just putting in rapid bids across the auctions at ~20-30% below market value with quick scans for each. Maybe the rest did sth similar

1 Like

My bad, you are right, i took another look at it, it doesnt look shilled.

Dem prices fallin’ basically confirms there is a positive correlation between the performance of Crypto and Pokemon cards haha.

You must not sell much on eBay?

Lol (crying inside), I have had similar instances where the pictured card was clearly not English and I even had in the title something like “KOREAN” or “FRENCH” and yet I still get people cancelling things after making best offers or winning auctions that hadn’t realized it was English. Better yet receive payment, ship it out and then the day they receive it they open an INAD and eBay forces the return on me… Literally had that happen with foreign 1st edition cards that they thought were English yet in my case they were paying foreign prices and assuming they were getting the English counterparts worth 10x or more…

Lol, I’ve sold a bit over 1k items on the bay, but mostly kept it aussie only, must be something in the water over there :wink:

I told pwcc it was mislabelled and they simply apologized and cancelled the transaction. Their tailored description of the raichu and item title shows they made a genuine mistake too.

In this case both the bidder (myself) and the auctioneer made a mistake. No one is angry and no harm done. Was solved in a very clean manner.

FYI I bought a psa 10 asian blue eyes once for wayyyy above value thinking it was na, instantly lost more than 500 usd. Item was shipped and the seller offered to figure out how to retrieve it from postal, and I sucked it up and said my mistake and took the loss .

But in this case I haven’t paid, it isn’t shipped, and pwcc is as sizable as auctioneers come. Not really a big deal to cancel - no ill intent