PSA 10 Illustrator cert officially deactivated due to counterfeit case?

Hi guys, first time as OP here.

So out of curiosity I just checked PSA website’s cert verification for the Pikachu 10 Illustrator (which to my knowledge is currently half-owned by Logan Paul) but found this message as the result:
Certification number 23000982 has been temporarily DEACTIVATED as a precaution due to its use on a known counterfeit in the market

Anyone has info on what kind of counterfeit cases that happened in relation to this card? And whether this is the first time this deactivation thing occur to high-end Pokemon PSA cards in general?

6 Likes

Guess Logan stopped collecting Pokemon cards, and started collecting L’s recently.

8 Likes

Sounds like a logistical nightmare to send in the most expensive Pokémon card to get reholdered with a new cert number.

Then have to update all the “shareholders” on ill-liquid marketplace of the new cert, only to have another fake slab of the new cert pop up, and do it all over again.

PSA: whoops we damaged the card during the reholder process, it is now a 6. Here is 4 million dollars to compensate

20 Likes

I’m so curious about this. The cert is still deactivated.

1 Like

Anything with Logan Paul involved is going to be sketchy.

3 Likes

deactivation with high end cards happens all the time. It’s happened to me with some of mine.

Usually PSA will reach out and inform of the deactivation and ask for the card to be reslabbed with a new certification number.

I wouldn’t doubt this would be the case for Logan’s Illustrator.

4 Likes

Does PSA still make you pay for the new cert in these instances?

1 Like

For one of my card (in progress at the moment) they sent me a shipping label and it seems to be free.

3 Likes