Possible new WOTC error variant?

Hi folks, new to the forum but not necessarily to the TCG. I’m an error collector and have done a lot of homework on the various occurrences and variants throughout the years.

Well recently I happened upon a very interesting Dragonair from Base Set that appears to have a very similar printing hickey like the Pink Heart Clefairy. Only, on this card it is a small orange heart shape, contained in a small circle instead of being pink, and it appears next to dragonairs tail.

When I saw it for sale I bought it, and recently have sent it to CGC for authentication. The interesting thing is that since I bought mine, another copy has surfaced with the same error only in a slightly different spot. I contacted TCAgaming and he told me that he had been approached with a copy before as well.

So, I’m putting out the beacon to either check your copies, or be on the lookout for others. I’m not sure if I can share a picture of it through the forum, but if I can, if someone could tell me I would appreciate it.

Figure that if enough copies surface, it could have been a long overlooked WOTC variant.

1 Like

And you dont have any picture?

2 Likes

None of mine have it. Would be good to see pictures?

Are you talking about these? With the heart similar as the pink Clefairy error at the bottom-left of the artwork, but in light brown instead of pink?

The weird thing about these imo is that they aren’t at the exact same positions… In the first picture it’s above “ra” in “Dragon”, and in the bottom picture below its tail.
Not sure what to think about that tbh, although I’m also still not sure the pink Clefairy are legit either. I’ve heard rumors someone made the pink Clefairy with a manual stamp, but don’t know how accurate that is. The Dragonair are definitely weird for not being on the same position though in the two copies above I’ve seen thus far… :confused: I assume one of these two pictures above is yours? These pictures came from the Gotta Misprint 'Em All FB group.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Not related to the Dragonair, but FYI I pulled a pink heart Clefairy from a base set booster pack around 2013 or so. Definitely is a legit error, and there have been so many of them. I didn’t think anything of it, and sold it off to someone who wanted it more than me.

EDIT: sold it ungraded March 17 2012, to be precise. For what that’s worth.

2 Likes

Yes exactly. The top example is the card I actually own. The message bubble on the side is my brother chatting with me lol.

1 Like