POP1 vs POP100

yeah but the ray is not a random card like the vanillite, the ray is one of the most sought-after german cards. i think i also said that before, i’m aware that there are many pop1 cards…

Look man, it seems like you have an idea of what you think this card should be worth (a lot) and you’re just looking for validation. Here’s the secret: if you think it’s awesome and cool and you value it highly, that’s amazing and you don’t need us to confirm that for you. Be happy with what you paid and enjoy having a rare and somewhat unique card in your collection.

If you bought it because you thought you could make a quick buck or that its going to somehow skyrocket in value because of arbitrary and unverifiable designations that just have to be described in an eBay listing for the cash to fall from the sky, then you’re gonna have a bad time.

9 Likes

1 that’s what makes it rare. why are error cards so damn expensive? and now don’t say “but it’s the card and not the grade”, if there won’t be a second one, it’s as rare as an error card. yes maybe not the same, but definitely comparable.

2 with that hype and that demand, you think they will start grading MORE cards when they can barely handle the situation right now? but yeah, if it happens, cashback for the buyer.

3 this is why i’m asking here, what the mistake is worth, ffs, how many times should i explain lol
4 lol, this would be horrible, but i don’t think people will risk this. for cheap cards, it makes no sense and for expensive cards, the risk is too high.

i was expecting answers like this, but also someone who understands what i mean, it’s always hard when you ask others about something they don’t own themselves. nah i’m not the type of guy who needs to make a quick buck.

You’re trying to use the phrase “rarer than an illustrator” as a way to make the card somehow comparable to the illustrator. You’re using examples of charizord 1st ed in your main post to try to transfer the logic and responses to your card. This card is nothing like either. The Rayquaza is basically a novelty with that extremely added benefit that it is a PSA 10. One person out there may pay a lot for it. If I had a 5 figure offer it would already be out the door. It’s a card that the only value is the one-off mistake PSA made. If they make the same mistake again or decide to start grading German cards then all the added novelty and value is gone.

I’ll prob be the one buying it back from you in the future haha

4 Likes

so you still get me wrong, i am not trying to compare the value, i’m trying to compare the rarity. and to the end of your text, i think i already wrote the answer to that 4x here for someone else lol

all right, have mercy on me guys, i’m responding to 5 people simultaneously.
only thing i would like to know from you are your thoughts on:

psa 10 english rayquaza goldstar POP1 value

thank you :blush:

1 Like

ahaha, will be hard right now with corona and stuff to get something out of my country :wink:but i’d trade it for a trophy kangaskhan in the future, that’s my best offer. haha

Is anyone selling a psa 9 gold star rayquaza in english though

i saw some recently, there’s an autographed one on ebay right now.

1 Like

Ice types = Butter’s of Pokemon

1 Like

@pokaholic, Jul 22, 2018 at 12:17am
"I actually don’t understand the huge price gap between a PSA10 english and PSA10 japanese version of the Rayquaza GS. I mean, can you already “blame” nostalgia for the huge increase in the english version or was it just hyped so much that this huge bubble exists now?

Personally, I don’t care about the language on that particular card, more the great artwork and the card itself (and the japanese 1st edition is a nice bonus)."

You seem to care a lot more about the German though…just saying you’ve changed your tune lol.
It’s a nice card don’t get me wrong so yes be proud to have it, just I feel this is a ‘hype’ thread to try and gian interest and like @fourthstartcg, to gain validation.

lol, where did you find this one, last time i was online was in 2018 and now today again haha.
nah i still feel the same, but my japanese one isn’t a pop1 :blush: whatever, you see my only question i have left on bottom of page 2 :blush:

This is impossible to answer because it doesn’t exist. As I said, you’re so far out into the weeds on hypotheticals that there will never be a legitimate answer beyond just pulling numbers out of thin air.

and if you had to pull a number out of thin air? or a range? :wink:

Eighty bajillion Vietnamese dong.

2 Likes

@pokaholic what did you pay for it?

Here you go. 10k USD

Now you can tell your buyer than an expert on e4 valued it at 10k

1 Like

if it was a POP 1 for real (which would mean almost impossible to get a ten, even harder than typhlosion, yanma, slowbro and ampharos) then it could be worth a lot, but this is not the case, the card isn’t harder than the other cards from the same set to get a psa 10, it isn’t rarer than the other and it’s valued more just out of demand and appeal.

I had a crystal lugia with a debris inside the psa case, it didn’t make it any more rare than the other, because it’s the card you buy, not the label.

then again you, me, us will never know if PSA will open 5 other factories, enroll 1000 graders and start grading other languages.

and NO it’s not comparable to error cards for many reasons, it didn’t take place in the printing process, it took place at a third party company which, btw, could do the same mistake over again as it has happend before. i could assure you that there isn’t a reminder for every psa employee not to grade german rays again. the card has been miscut/misprint, this one it’s just fine. i could write with a marker on my whole collection and this won’t make them special in anyway.

i can’t stress this enough, there are plenty of mistaken labels and languages and this doesn’t make them special in anyway, the only factor you should count in is that you are the proud owner o a GEM MINT german ray gold star which alone would deserve a premium.

imagine this scenario, you are about to buy a german gold star charizard for it’s market value and the seller tells you that the price it’s 10x that because it was put in a sleeve for english cards only: what would you reply?

1 Like