Pokemon Card Values on Buzzfeed

So this video was just posted on buzzfeed’s youtube. overall positive message about pokemon from what i gathered. prices seem a bit off but im not an expert. ungraded 1st ed base charizard 2k? here is the link. probably good for the hobby, and great exposure…thoughts?

I’ll never get those six minutes back now I guess. I hate Buzzfeed so much I don’t know why I watched it. It wasn’t as awful as I was expecting but still. Ew.

7 Likes

Q: “How do you stop someone from stamping Edition one and saying it’s valued at $2k”

A: E4.

10 Likes

I cringed and I didn’t even have to watch it.

7 Likes

Well said.

However, I’m still worried about fake stamps. It can’t be that difficult to produce and so far the most telling way to spot a fake is misalignment, which again someone with decent equipment and a fair amount of expertise in printing could probably quite easily reproduce. It’s actually a good thing that most Shadowless cards have been seeing a nice increase recently, which makes this whole process very high risk/low reward, but I’d still be very careful buying any 1st Edition cards in the coming years.

I’d really like to know where Bill and Krabby from Fossil being worth thousands of dollars each originates from. There isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t see a handful of these get listed for ridiculous amounts.

Damn I had no idea shadowless Pikachu’s were only $5! I might have to pick up a few.

There’s more ways to tell, but the people that know the ways are keeping it hidden, that way people that make these fakes don’t know what to correct. Don’t worry about it till there’s reason to worry, basically you’re going to find 99.9% off all fakes by checking the alignment and clearity of the stamp.

When it started, especially with the Core TCG guy talking, I thought this was going to be somewhat interesting. Nope, just cringe. At least for the people not in the know, this gives more exposure to the hobby.

1 Like

I thought that was fun to watch:)

1 Like

Buzzfeed

4 Likes