Pokemon Card Release Data?

Hey all,

I’m trying to find information on general card sales for each Pokemon set (or just all card sales volumes/revenues by year). Random magazines will occasionally spout out information such as this article giving me 21.5b cards sold worldwide before 2014 - www.polygon.com/pokemon/2014/8/18/6030089/Pokemon-sales-numbers

For American released products, Hasbro conveniently acquired Wizards of the Coast and included them into their financial statements, so I can make a spitballed guess on US sales until the mid-2000’s for North America. But Nintendo doesn’t really publish information on The Pokémon Company except with video game sales.

You might want to contact TPCi directly. They definitely have the information but may or may not release it.

Thanks - I contacted Hasbro and WoTC since they directly worked with selling to North America. Hasbro referred me to WoTC whom said that they haven’t made the decision to disclose that information. I figured they had nothing to lose if they weren’t making them anymore, but it technically must still count as a sort of trade secret when released in bulk. I might follow up with the Pokémon Company, but maybe a little further down the line.

Update: Card & Comics Magazine, which was sent to distributors until 2007 apparently included some analysis. That’ll be my next, mildly expensive, lead.