Pokemon Card in Phone Case?

My friend is a teacher for middleschool and told me alot of the kids have clear phone cases with their a pokemon card sandwiched between the phone. I immediately bought a clear case and started rocking a card, and have been for over a year now. I like to use my extra base set 2 cards because I won’t mind if they get destroyed. Currently rocking Arcanine, and change the card every few weeks. Does anyone else do this or am I the only adult?

14 Likes

I don’t have a clear phone case but I do use a Pokeball pop socket lol

My girlfriend is going to be a teacher after she graduates. She currently has a picture of us in her phone case like this but I’m going to tell her to swap it out with an Eevee card (her favorite) so you won’t be alone.

1 Like

I like it.
Maybe i’ll try it with some ol’ good cards to see if they get worse.
The cover+sleeve should protect the card a bit from major damaging (the phone falling down), but I’m worryed about the battery overheating.

1 Like

You have sinned

5 Likes

Do you have it in a sleeve in there? :joy:

How to find who the tru collectors are

5 Likes

INB4 we see ads for cases to display our phones with cards in the case.

2 Likes

Finger pyramid of evil contemplation

Yea it helps hold sand and lint in place so it can grind in deeper.

5 Likes

Not something that I would ever do, but I am glad that you like it! :slight_smile:

When I used to have an otter box for iPhone, they had a little circular window to display the Apple logo.

In the little window, I would put just the foil of Pokémon cards, well the Pokémon was attached too, but I would cut out the entire rectangular frame of the foil and put it there.

One time I also cut up the foil of a damaged jungle electrode, and then cut out Charmander from base set. Only charmander’s torso and head though, not the background. I taped the foil part of electrodes card to the background of Charmander and made myself a foil Charmander to display in my little phone case window.

It was pretty freaking sick and I would totally do it again if I have damaged cards that don’t have any real value.

3 Likes

You make me sick :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I’m thinking a damaged base holo might be suitable…

1 Like

A coworker of mine actually does this. I was out to dinner with him in a work related event and saw the card and it sparked up a huge conversation between the both of us which was really nice. I was anxious as hell but as soon as I saw his DP Venusaur holo I went to town on showing him all my pokemon things and just talking shop. Was nice.

As for myself, I dont do this but its a really cool idea!

5 Likes

Classic size up situation to figure out:

1. Does my constituent think I’m weird for being into Pokemon?
  2. How much do I tell them about my obsession?
  3. Are they as obsessed as I am?

I work at a K-12 school, I can confirm kids from middle school to high school do this here as well! I think it’s a nice way for kids to find friends who are into the same hobby. Way more efficient than when I was in middle school and we’d have to ask each other “Do you have pokey-mon cards?”

4 Likes

I had a japanese split earth holo umbreon in mine for a good 4 years in LP condition. It cost me 1500 yen, and honestly it doesn’t even damage the card all that much. Obviously I’m not gonna put a mint card in it though…

1 Like