Pocket Monster 2000 millennium badge set release info?

Surprisingly have a little bit of hard time finding information about this set. Was it released at Pokemon Center in Japan for purchase, they are not very rare so I assume that is the case. I figured there would be a good amount of written information, but I haven’t had much luck. Any help on the release of this pin/badge set would be great!

5 Likes

Department stores sold them, as well as toy stores (including mine). They weren’t a Pokemon Center exclusive. Retailing for 2,980 yen, they were widely available and ridiculously overpriced.

3 Likes

Looks like the last one sold for $69: ebay.us/AWjAo7

No too pricey for something that old.

3 Likes

Nice.

Just like these pins tbh. Never seen them before, so can’t really contribute anything useful here.
Except for: nice. :relieved:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Thanks. Just couldn’t find any concrete literature on it, just a bunch of, “They sold it at PC”. Surprised bulbapedia didn’t have an info either, but their pin/bad information section isn’t the best.

1 Like

Anything that isnt cards or US market oriented is always subject to lack of information on bulba sadly, so no surprise to me there lol. But yeah as stated here already, they were just a random release in Japan that could be found in a bunch of locations and tbh its a really nice little display piece that could still be found in japan fairly cheap if looking!

2 Likes

They routinely sell for half of that on the various Japanese marketplaces. Even with overseas shipping, an international buyer will likely save a few bucks.

1 Like