Oldschool Runescape anyone?

Anyone play Oldschool Runescape, or RS3? I’ve played this game since 2005. I’ve seen a few people in the discord playing. ^^

One of my old friends still plays and like yourself has been playing since that long ago haha. I gave up after a few goes at it myself, but it was fun to play back in 8th grade computer class!

1 Like

I was legitimately addicted to Runescape in my late teens through to my early/mid 20s. My account on RS3 to this day has about 22,000 hours or so logged onto it. That’s just shy of 1000 full days spent playing the game. I properly quit about 4 years ago, just after the Ports expansion with the Islands you could mine those crabs on. I have re-subbed maybe once or twice since then but I could never play it properly ever again. I dabbled in OSRS for a little bit last year, but I am glad I didn’t commit myself to it.

It’s such a shame that I won’t be back to do the new Archeology skill when it comes out at the end of March, the game really is a husk of what it once was.

1 Like

I can completely relate. In my early teen years, I don’t think I went outside more than I was on the computer. Legitimately. After playing for so long, I can finally call myself a casual player. I play for a month or so, and take a few months, or a year break when I get bored of it. One thing is for sure. You never forget how to play, lol. It’s like muscle memory at this point, even if I stop playing for years, I’ll always rememeber exactly how to do everything I want to.

Edit: Jagex ruined the main game imo… Sadly. MTX is just awful there.

1 Like

I played from 2005 until 2012 when EOC came out, clocked 450 days played which is over 10000 hours

1 Like

Have not been too active recently (exams), but I play old school RuneScape frequently, rsn is “Joshan”, feel free to shoot me a PM if you see me online!

1 Like

Here a similar thread from 3/4 year ago: www.elitefourum.com/t/old-school-runescape/23590/1 Not sure if those people still play now, though.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I play OSRS as well. I only log on to pk though. I was super addicted for years as a teen. I’ve been an avid pker for about 7 years.

I have played osrs since mobile release. Got my first 99 ever counting back in the day when I played original RS pre 2007 to RS2 days a week or two back. Quest cape in the next month or so hopefully. RS3 is absolute dogshit IMO but osrs, though not truly the same “old school” I remember is a lot of fun for me mobile makes it easier to get in afk time here and there and I have a few co workers who play too.

1 Like