Old School Press Releases And Videos

It was fun watching some old videos on a recent thread and thought maybe we could all share some in its own thread.
What ya got?

1 Like

Here are the ones from my thread earlier to get the juices flowing

MSNBC News Report from 1999

Card store showing early TCG and other cool interviews with kids about Pokemon
www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_L8VnYp7jE

4 Likes

They were right about the school stuff. Kids fought constantly over Pokemon cards. They were banned from class and it did kind of become a black-market during recess and between classes.

But then that quickly got applied to Yugioh too, when it came out. I once missed a middle school performance on a play, because I was playing Yugioh in the back with a few people and missed my cue. XD

Here’s my contribution. :stuck_out_tongue: First US commercial.

7 Likes

Haha…I remember those pokecars. Don’t remember the commercial though. That was fun:)

Jesus that commercial must have been taken using the 40x30 resolution. Amazing how far we have come tech wise.

1 Like

ADVERT FOR POKEMON RED AND BLUE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tTc8__lXkM

5 Likes

Loool

Ah, the golden age of Pokemon where everything we wanted was plentiful and readily available. Kids shuffling their unsleeved decks like a pack of regular old playing cards taking it all for granted, never realizing the priceless treasure they were destroying, and how one day twenty years later they may end up paying many times their allowance to get it all back.

Am I speaking from experience? Nahh, my folks never got me more than a theme deck. I’m just making up for lost time. :blush:

6 Likes

Bulbasaur & Squirtle Intro pack VHS in case you’ve always wondered what the 1999 VHS tape contained:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4TgtABcj_M

6 Likes

The giant starter cards in the background of the VHS video @111:34!

Amazing.

The english SE Red,Blue & Yellow version strategy book has all 151 sprites listed in one of the pages.

As requested by @garyis2000 :

Probably one of the most infamous videos of a kid opening a pack of Pokemon cards ever. It’s the kind of enthusiasm that you’ll only find in situations like @pokemonsyndicate and his no rarities nowadays. Should totally reenact this when you get a no rarity Blastoise bro. :grin:

4 Likes

That is @pokemonsyndicate

7 Likes

Hahaha…Pokesyn it is lol.

Everyones pulling holos we are kings!!! HHAHAHAAHA

You’re not wrong. I stole it for my avatar.

3 Likes

wow thats cool