NYC Card Shops

Anyone know of any good card shops in the city? Particularly when it comes to Pokemon? I’m mainly looking for older product. Thanks in advance! :blush:

A lot of the card shops in nyc carry meta cards for their player base. If a shop would have old sealed product is a hit or miss but you can try Kings Games in Brooklyn or Montasy comics in Manhattan but they focus more on sports magic and comic books. There’s also a shop flushing but again, it’s far out and I don’t believe they specialize in old Pokémon products but they may have some laying around for sale.

Complete strategist on 33st used to carry old Pokémon boosters but that was back in 2009 lol. Idk what happened to them.

There’s some comic book and retro game shops downtown by st marks that also carry old sealed yugioh, they might have Pokémon but I’d call before you trek down to these places.

1 Like

As a new yorker, I recommend NOT going to Sheepshead bay just to look at some card shack that will likely just have some modern packs for sale. It’s super out of the way and likely won’t yield any worthwhile results. St marks would be fun to look in but its mainly a comic book shop. I’d recommend hitting up forbidden planet, but again, I wouldn’t expect to find any old stuff. NYC has a shitload of people. Even with a handful of collectors, most of the good stuff got snatched up. There is an underground mall in chinatown with a lot of japanese collectable stores in it. That’s probably your best bet. It’s on elizabeth street.

Places there will look like this: 360 view

3 Likes

Thank you both for the recommendations and information. :blush: I had a feeling finding old, sealed product would be a long shot, but it’s good to know there are stores around that might have something to offer. That shop in China town looks totally amazing, would be worth the trip even without a Pokemon related purchase!