Masaki you say? I like the sound of that...

Iv been in touch with sataku for over a year now but I think someone else contacted him or he might have registered on upccc and saw the post himself.

This is really interesting… I mean, they have a lot of advantages compared to us. They can contact the sellers directly, they dont have middleman fees and so on. If they want to keep the cards in Japan then they should bid higher…

I dont think they will ever see us as collector friends :stuck_out_tongue:

Sweet, we’re assassins now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can understand his view point on wanting to keep the cards in Japan. However, The majority of the cards I have were purchased off other correctors. I rarely buy directly from Japan. I do not mind being a rival as long as it is friendly competition. If people from Japan started buying up all of the older English promo and trophy cards I would be thrilled! I can see being very upset if we disrespected the cards, but every collector here goes through great lengths to preserve their collection…be it PSA or otherwise.

Anyway, UPCCC has been making a lot of friends lately huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

We should reach out! I want to share with them what we accept as the most accurate estimate of the # of copies of each trophy. They might help us and vice versa. Also, Haze and I have a 9th lucky stadium available, what if we could reach out and try to find a Japanese buyer? It might do wonders to help us mend the link. They would probably feel better knowing that cards can come back to Japan (I know it’s a bilingual card but still). This could be a great thing for both parties. Any thoughts?

I think your idea is good about reaching out but the 9th Lucky Stadium wasn’t given out in Japan so I think they meant other cards that they want to keep in Japan…
But maybe some Japanese collector would still be interested in buying…

The idea of taking affirmative action to bridge the cultural gap in terms of collecting sounds excellent.
However, I get the impression that the individual that made the direct response was one of the most willing to bridge the gap. And even then there was a sense of hesitance and underlying disgruntlement. I do not know if this is a result of a language barrier or if this is reality.

I would certainly hope that a greater pool of knowledge could be forged in order to answer the questions that many have harbored for some time now.

Wow that’s great that there’s been a reply! This is pretty exciting news!

lol, he has a tutorial on how to purchase from eBay from English speaking sellers, we’re not so different after all (collector-wise). :stuck_out_tongue:

namie10.blog.fc2.com/blog-category-7.html

Any way I can comment on that site :/?

I want to contact them, I made an account but the problem was it had one of those pictures where you have to write what is in the picture to confirm your comment…and the picture was Japanese so I was screwed :confused: