Konokou's Collection

Hello!
I’ve been slowly collecting throughout the years as time and money allows. My collection isn’t nearly as impressive or cool as others here, but it makes me happy :blush:

My main collection focus right now is N cards. Black and Black 2 were the first Pokémon games I actually finished the dex in, and around the time they came out was also when I visited Japan the first time (took my ds with me of course lol), so that era is especially nostalgic for me.
Other than that I collect just about anything. WOTC, promos, full arts, etc. I’ll post what I find the most interesting here :grin:

This is my “N” binder:
N 1
Only missing 2 from this page, the Japanese versions of the last two cards.

N 2
Just missing the Japanese version of the last card here. It seems to go for a couple hundred, so I doubt I’ll be able to get my hands on one any time soon unfortunately. I just picked up the Japanese full art in the middle of the bottom row, and that was over $100 and the most I’ve ever spent on a single card :face_with_spiral_eyes: Not a large amount for some, but for me it is lol

N 3
The cracked ice holo is easily my favorite of my non-full art cards

N 4

N 5

N 6

N 7
Most of what I’m missing are WC variants and the different Japanese set versions of the same cards.

N 8
Some cards from Black and White sets

N 9

N 10
Can’t have an N binder without Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem!

Mei
Some Mei/Rosa. We need a Touko card!

N 11

N 12
Too many Zorua

And that does it for the N binder!

13 Likes

N is such a cool character. I also have several copies of that Zorua card in a binder. I was just browsing my bulk one day and was really struck by the art.

1 Like

This is great! I’m working on a Cynthia binder too and I know the struggle of cards being expensive ;-; I love how you have it laid out and how you’re focusing on what you enjoy, good luck and I hope you get something good soon

2 Likes

Here are some more photos of some of my collection. We got a new kitten recently and I had to move all my Pokémon items into a closet where they can be safely out of the path of destruction, so the pics are from earlier this year.

Early this year I picked up this large store display. It came with the original box which states which products would have been on it, and in what quantities. Someday I’d like to try and fill it with those original items, but for now I’m just using it for random sealed packs.

Another display with sealed product (minus the japanese packs on the right, those are opened). Ignore the movies, haha.

Some open boxes and various sealed packs.

Here’s my set of the burger king gold cards and pokeballs with their respective boxes. These were given to me when I was younger by a woman who had recently lost her daughter. Her daughter had been around my age, and had also loved Pokémon, so she wanted me to have them.

While sorting my collection earlier this year, I stumbled across a full set of the Pokémon Rumble cards. I knew I had some, but finding them all was a nice surprise!

One find I was most excited about was a stack of these 2001 Pokémon Center NYC postcards. These are from the opening of the first Pokémon Center in the US, which I believe is now the Nintendo world store.

That’s all for now! I’ll have more pics of actual cards next time :blush:

6 Likes

Stories behind items like those burger king gold cards are always extra special, a sad way to acquire them but also gives a concrete memory of her which is beautiful

2 Likes