Jits - 1st Edition Base Set Shadowless PSA 10

Hi Everyone

So I’ve been inspired by another member of this forum Gemmint10 and also my good time friend since we were kids and his quite an avid collector of different sets but I’ve gone and chosen one of the hardest sets to collect, you either go hard or go home :laughing:

I’ve been a member of these forums since around 2017 however I’ve not really been as active as I should be but I have been busy building my collection to this point. I will probably now become more active to get hold of the cards that I still need to complete the collection. I will need all the help so don’t be shy to reach out to me

This is my collection :grin:

25 Likes

Hey man, does this mean you’re going after a complete PSA 10 1st ed Base set? Wow! That’s quite a doozy of a set to jump in with. :laughing:

I hope you’ll continue to update us with your progress on it, it’s always fun to see people piecing it together.

2 Likes

Yep I’m going to give it a shot. That’s why I’ve not dabbled into other sets as of yet as this is what my focus is on until I manage to complete it but I’m seeing myself slow down and it’s becoming a challenge but no fun without some struggle.

I’ll try and update as soon as I manage to get some more additions to the set. The picture above include around 8 or so cards that I purchased quite recently so there may not be a update so soon haha

2 Likes

That is a quite a doozy, but great goals! All good, see you next year in the update :wink: lol

Well i’m going to keep the forum tab open so I don’t forget, hopefully will update soon

1 Like

Respect! It’s an ambitious goal, and you clearly have the focus and determination to see it through.

1 Like

Nice cards!

2 Likes

I’ve been collecting for three years now and I’m starting to get tired of base set. My goal is to complete the base set holos in PSA 10 In 2020, I have two left and I started 2017…this is soooo hard! I have mewtwo and Magneton left. I also have an extra Blastoise. So, two Blastoise 1st ed base set psa 10.

You talk about fun…I would say I’m pretty damn tired :laughing::laughing::laughing:

This set is killing me!!! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well your doing a lot better than I am so I guess your reaching your goal. Keep at it only 2 left :blush:

Good luck on your collecting! I’m sure with patience, dedication and time you will be able to achieve this goal! :blush:

AT.

1 Like

@jits, all the best! Base set to me is the kind of thing where it seems insane only at that point in time. In 10 years time, you’ll probably be thanking yourself for the prices you’ve paid even if they seem high currently.

1 Like

saw this on ebay, may work out for your benefit?

www.ebay.com/itm/293603221421

Sell the spare stoise and use the funds to buy the Mewtwo and magneton?

1 Like

Well just had a look and it went for 100k USD whether on not the person did get that in the end but that’s wayyyy out of my budget atm in one go LOL

The thing is that I need too know I can buy a Mewtwo and Magneton then.

Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is doing well within this different, tough, life changing year.

So while busy at work due to Covid and life changing period I’ve not been actively searching however I’ve managed to recently get hold of some more cards to add to my collection :blush:

Many thanks to IG: lowpopping and IG: joshuaottawa for these gems

Currently Pending to get hold off:

Defender

Beedrill

Dragonair

Dugtrio

Pikachu

Devolution Spray

Impostor Professor Oak

Electrode

Bulbasaur

Dratini

Item Finder

Gyarados

Lass

Alakazam

Blastoise

Chansey

Charizard

Clefairy

Hitmonchan

Magneton

Mewtwo

Nidoking

Ninetales

Poliwrath

Raichu

Venusaur

Zapdos

Pokédex

Machamp

9 Likes

Nice collection!

1 Like

Hi Everyone

just a small update,

Many thanks to IG: lowpopping, lowpopping.market

Currently Pending to get hold off:

Defender

Beedrill

Dragonair

Dugtrio

Pikachu

Devolution Spray

Impostor Professor Oak

Electrode

Dratini

Gyarados

Lass

Alakazam

Blastoise

Chansey

Charizard

Clefairy

Hitmonchan

Magneton

Mewtwo

Nidoking

Ninetales

Poliwrath

Raichu

Venusaur

Zapdos

Pokédex

Machamp

3 Likes

Nice 30k Bulbasaur! :wink:

Seriously nice to see you still going after the same goal a couple years later! A good reference for new people getting into collecting that some goals can take year to complete. :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you, yep still got a long way to go hopefully worlds this year allows me to get hold of some of these cards as I’ll be attending my first proper Pokemon event. I was going to put up a buy post but unfortunately the rules are to have 50 posts which I don’t currently have :slightly_frowning_face: