Jackson's Collection Thread

I am making this thread to document my collection as it grows, shrinks, and evolves. As many of you know, I am a very passionate Wailord collector. As a backstory, Wailord was the first pokemon I fully leveled to Lvl. 100 as a child in Pokemon Sapphire. I am also very interested in Gen 4 pokemon and the occasional Gen 2 pokemon. On top of my graded collection, I also added in pictures of some of my favorite singles.

My favorite card in my collection: Wailord holo from EX Legend Maker with a DOUBLE SWIRL BABY

34 Likes

Winner collection

1 Like

Yeeeeesssssss I love Wailord, awesome collection!

1 Like

I own a Wailord plushie, but no Wailord cards. This is awesome. Love the EX art in particular!

1 Like

Nice whales bro

1 Like

Wailord is very cool, nice collection ! :grin:

1 Like

Ah, i’ve repeated it a million times but i really love single pokemon collections, and wailord is such a cool choice! Really loved seeing binder pages full of cards of it, keep going on what you are doing!

2 Likes

Awesome collection! You have great taste!

1 Like

I wanted to update this thread with a lot of cards that have made it into my collection one way or another. As a lot of people on Discord know, my main 2023 goals are completing species collection for:

1. Wailord
  2. Dialga
  3. Giratina
  4. Darkrai

As such, you’ll notice a trend in cards I gravitate towards!

My prized Wailord; my personal holy grail (shoutout @zorloth )

Some more awesome rare Wailords

More amazing cards featuring arts of my favorite mons:

15 Likes

Love it! Great wailords dude, the sandstorm wailord really is such an icon

2 Likes

Just got back from Houston Collect-A-Con. Happy to say I was able to obtain a card which I’ve missed dearly, a Rayquaza Gold Star in a PSA 8!!!

I don’t think I’ve posted about this in the forum ever, but I have a neat story behind this card specifically. During 2021, I was at my girlfriend’s childhood home and saw a Rayquaza Gold Star just sitting on her dresser alongside a bunch of DP damaged bulk commons. I told her how rare the card was and she agreed to getting it graded and selling it. At the time, we just moved into our first apartment after college, so money was a bit tighter than it is now. I sent it to PSA and it actually graded a 7!

I ended up selling the card and giving her the proceeds from the sale. I looked back on this sale with some regret, but I knew it was the right decision at the time given our situation. I am so elated to have this huge card back in my collection. Also, my fiancée and I now have a very fond memory to look back on through this card. Thanks for reading.

11 Likes

Such a great addition and story!

1 Like

Awesome collection and story!

I especially like the Magikarp and Wailord GX and the Wailord EX giving each other a jaw bump in that binder page :joy: And that Wailord ex from Sandstorm is a beauty!

2 Likes

Omg I’ve never noticed that LOL, hard to un-see now :slight_smile:

1 Like