International Quandary

Hmmm…now that’s good to know:)

Scott…it’s still showing no change in the USPS tracking?

Glad I could help :blush:

From my experience once its starts getting tracked by parcelforce it takes upto a day or two for the USPS to get updated as well. I have the USPS app on my iphone and its always behind the parcelforce tracking once it gets to the UK.

That is what I was thinking as well! It will probably show an update once it is in transit to the buyer.

Btw I suggest you use this site to track items - www.track-trace.com/

Just put in the tracking details of the USPS shipment or any tracking number from a postal company who use the EMS system in the ‘Post/EMS’ box and it will load up the track from the origin country so if its a USPS package it will show the USPS tracking site and you can then click on the left to select the location where its going and it will automatically show you the updates on the receiving postal service site so if its going to the UK it will automatically put the tracking details onto the parcelforce site and show you the results as well.

1 Like

*adds to favourites*

Excellent! :blush:

Good News! The card arrived safely, and faith is restored in the USPS. Thanks again Ali for the links! They will be bookmarked for future use!

2 Likes

USPS really knows how to keep us on the edge of our seats :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hah. You should try Royal Mail lol :blush:

Generally, from customs point of view, everything has a value. Nothing should be shipped as a gift. It should always have a small
value on it, like say $ 5.00 or $ 10.00, and be tracked. In some countries, if a person receives a lot of this type of mail, that person can be “flagged” by customs and all items coming in checked and screened. With today’s concerns over terrorism, one never knows
what and why mail can be held up. I once shipped an item to Australia. This was back in 2002 or so, no tracking was asked for at the time, and the address was out in the middle of nowhere. 8 months later it arrived! I have a 100% feedback record on ebay and I shipped a lot of stuff, mostly the same way, with a low value at the customer’s request, but the value of a parcel has nothing to
do with it disappearing if it has a tracking number. Theft is rampant in the system as well. At UPS some years back, they caught a gang that had pre-printed address labels in their inside pockets, ready to peal and stick onto any parcel to re-route it to a different destination. The tracking number was covered over with a new one. The old one “disappeared” at the hub.

If someone requested a low value and you shipped it with tracking, then where is it? If it’s “stuck” in customs, the person who shipped it should ask for accountability from the carrier. They are still responsible to finish the delivery process that they undertook to do, and should provide and explanation, even requesting an answer from customs after a reasonable period of time and see what happens. Ultimately, you should show concern and proceed with vigor. It’s not about the value. It’s about the parcel itself. Customs looses stuff too!

Cheers

1 Like