I need help identifying if this is a resealed box..

Hello! I need help identifying if this is a factory sealed or a resealed vintage booster box (I think it might be OK but I just want to be sure). I’m not an expert on resealed red flags but I was curious if there were any people here with more experience than me identifying when a booster box has been tampered with.

Here is an album of images of the booster box:

imgur.com/gallery/NOJWQx7

Some things I felt were interesting:

• The seller said that this was fresh out of a sealed case he had and it was in his possession ever since.

• There seems to be slight wear on one of the corners where some of the box paint has rubbed off. (im not sure if this can happen to a box underneath it’s factory seal but i suppose it is possible depending on how it was stored/moved over the years.

• slight yellowing on the plastic (which might just be aging of the plastic or staining depending on how it was stored but it might also indicate secondary heating applied to the seams? No overly powerful burnt plastic smell that I can tell)

• The seams do however tend to follow common patterns of other sealed vintage wizards PTCG booster boxes I’ve seen (not always perfect straight line across, unless all other booster boxes I’ve seen have been resealed which is unlikely lol)

• The part of the lid that folds does seem to have some of the corrugated connections broken which could just be from items placed on top over time but I don’t know.

**What do you guys think?

Thanks for any expertise on this! :blush:**

1 Like

By far not an expert only really starting sealed stuff myself, but it looks like the box has the heatseal/seam the whole way around it?

@acebren may be able to help?

1 Like

That’s a original factory seal.

1 Like

Looks fine to me.

1 Like

Looks fine maybe just not stored in the best way

1 Like

Looks alright to me

1 Like

All good

1 Like

Thanks everyone! the thing i was worried most about was the yellow discoloration on the seams which i think can sometimes indicate reheating/ but it could just be discoloration due to age/staining from storing conditions too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks exactly the same as my WOTC boxes, too bad the box is in really bad shape.

Yea I’m a little bummed about that :confused: i found a box for the same price that is in much better shape. I might just buy that and just open the one that’s in bad shape. I’m sure the packs are fine :blush: